2000 year old fake.!! No This Time Pure GOLD!

oldsoapy

May 28, 2007
uk
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• w450.jpg
    w450.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 2,096
  • w451.jpg
    w451.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 2,088
  • w456.jpg
    w456.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 2,099
Upvote 0
OP
OP
oldsoapy

oldsoapy

May 28, 2007
uk
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 2000 year old fake.!! Not This Time

CRUSADER said:
john hutchison said:
DiggerDave in Pa. said:
looking4largecent said:
Holy crap! Dont you know you guys across the pond make us in the states jealous? How does that make you feel? HA!HA!AWESOME FIND.
I'm still looking for my first gold coin. That is a great find that belongs on top. Congrats. DD.
I am very lucky as being retired l can get out at least a couple of times a week, and as you all know the finds will come, because your finds rate is directly related to the amount of time thats put in! There is of course the matter of luck also. just don't give up. your gold coin is waiting for you somewhere . Hutch.
I'm full time working but by your books fully retired :laughing9: As you are doing so well, time to properly retire, do full time detecting :laughing7:
At 74 l do as much as l can. but having a family is great , but it seems Grandad is mostly in good demand when it comes to all those little jobs that somehow need doing all the time. and l can never refuse them. but l still do just about as much detecting as l can. Hutch.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

john hutchison said:
CRUSADER said:
john hutchison said:
DiggerDave in Pa. said:
looking4largecent said:
Holy crap! Dont you know you guys across the pond make us in the states jealous? How does that make you feel? HA!HA!AWESOME FIND.
I'm still looking for my first gold coin. That is a great find that belongs on top. Congrats. DD.
I am very lucky as being retired l can get out at least a couple of times a week, and as you all know the finds will come, because your finds rate is directly related to the amount of time thats put in! There is of course the matter of luck also. just don't give up. your gold coin is waiting for you somewhere . Hutch.
I'm full time working but by your books fully retired :laughing9: As you are doing so well, time to properly retire, do full time detecting :laughing7:
At 74 l do as much as l can. but having a family is great , but it seems Grandad is mostly in good demand when it comes to all those little jobs that somehow need doing all the time. and l can never refuse them. but l still do just about as much detecting as l can. Hutch.

good, I'm just joking around. What isn't a joke is this deserves more BANNER votes :hello2:

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER said:
This is in the date range of our (Dads) oldest Celtic Gold, its near impossible to get much older, so big congrats. Celtic Coins are some of Britains most beautiful coins, these types are not my fav, but doesn't detract from a banner find :thumbsup:
Well, this year might need to be renamed for the Brits, lets hope it opens the flood gates for others as well :blob7:

This year? You guys kill it every year ;D Would be something else to see the whole banner full of your guys' finds though.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner!

These coins are my fav :blob7:

If they could talk! I'd give one to hear what they'd have to say!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stewmac said:
Just stumbled across this :tongue3: beautiful coin surely a banner... :headbang:

You would have thought so, but its just a matter of perspective or timing :dontknow:

OP
OP
oldsoapy

oldsoapy

May 28, 2007
uk
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Stewmac said:
Just stumbled across this :tongue3: beautiful coin surely a banner... :headbang:

You would have thought so, but its just a matter of perspective or timing :dontknow:
No problem mate, another find, some other time, maybe something more modern!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
john hutchison said:
CRUSADER said:
Stewmac said:

No problem mate, another find, some other time, maybe something more modern!!

Yeah, them damn Iron Age Gold Coins just get in the way of those really good finds :laughing9:

OP
OP
oldsoapy

oldsoapy

May 28, 2007
uk
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
Amazing find! I'm still looking for my first gold coin!
Thanks . l have found 9 gold coins in 34 years, That represents 1 every 3.7 years and that is a lot of searching. They always come along when you least expect them. Hope you find one soon. Hutch. :hello2: :hello2:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
john hutchison said:
romeo-1 said:
Amazing find! I'm still looking for my first gold coin!
Thanks . l have found 9 gold coins in 34 years, That represents 1 every 3.7 years and that is a lot of searching. They always come along when you least expect them. Hope you find one soon. Hutch. :hello2: :hello2:

That is true, didn't expect mine in the field I just did & it was the only Celtic find in the whole 15 acres.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread