May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was my last day off as I return to work tomorrow (after an extended X-Mas Holiday :wink: ). Thankfully there was a break in the wet & very windy weather. I'm glad I didn't try yesterday, as the only road/lane to the field had a huge tree blown across it (cut & cleared now), must have been yesterday which would have blocked my way back with the bike. :o
I spent 4 hours on my own continuing the rather difficult land I started to grid recently. I was having a bad few hours & my mind was dreaming up a likely good find from this field, the best I was hoping for was a complete Medieval Buckle. You never expect a Gold Coin but it was furthest from my mind & I had no clues that this field was going to do anything this good :o It's taken Dad & I over 2 years to find another Gold Coin, but I'm so glad 2012 is made already, so the pressure is off for the rest of the year :laughing7:

Other finds of the day:
4 Scrappy Roman Coins
2 Lead Tokens
Tudor Clothes Fastener (Rose)
Leather Mount (circa 17th C) – Man in the moon & star to right
17th C Lead Cap (powder flask)

There are less than 50 Recorded examples of this type :headbang:
Celtic Gold Quarter Stater
CUNOBELINE
AD10-20AD
Wild Type Horse Right

Corn Ear
VA-1935.01
CA[MV]
Minted - Camulodunum (Colchester)

Let me tell you, I was so pleased with the coin, it got a Rex Hunt Kiss (but no throwing back) :laughing9: :blob8:

My first ever Celtic Gold Coin (some years ago) was this very same type, however it was a full Stater & this is a Quarter. So now I have the full set 8) - I pictured it next to my first coin to show how much smaller this one is :icon_thumright:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Celtic-Catuvellauni-gold-quarter-stater-Wild-type-/120696388043
See one listed for sale above.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 4,925
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 4,843
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 4,833
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 4,801
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 4,809
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 4,856
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 4,807
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 4,748
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 6,411
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 6,409
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 4,693
Upvote 8

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
Re: 2000 YEAR OLD GOLD COIN...

Never thought of electrum as being gold but I guess it is 60%-70%.I've got one,a tetradrachm, that I dug in tennessee some thirty years ago that the experts swear doesn't exist(horsehead/palm tree-minted one side only,microscopic 1 with wings mintmark on smooth side)but when I found it(pre internet) there was a book(pub 1955) at my local library that showed this same coin(valued at $500 in1955) including the mintmark .I have always thought of it as silver,but maybe I have found my first gold coin and just didn't realize it!

ossi

Nov 3, 2011
Pannonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO INTERNATIONAL (Nel hunter)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice results, good coin, like the Celts . 2000 year, summer 2000 and winter 2000 ............... nice. Ossi

:hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on a fantastic find!!! Nothing like the History you have in your part of the world......You never know what your will find ...... :notworthy:

derfel

Feb 6, 2008

Very well done, a fantastic reward for all the time you put in :icon_thumleft:

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Congrats Cru... u done it again! :hello2:

As nuggy said, thanks because due to your finds I have enriched my own knowledge of things old. lol

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shaun7 said:
Nice one mate, well pleased for you :icon_thumleft:

This is the land I got you special permission to detect (he is hard to convince, as he call the Police on another Night Hawker who tried to argue with him whilst he was holding a shotgun [plus his 3 mates who would carrying as well], the Police were their in record time & stayed on the phone :laughing9:), we needed you to help due to the size of field. But glad you didn't as you may have nicked my only one this year as well :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: But seriously, still plenty to do :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DMN said:
Have to say Crusader, your persistence pays off. And what a nice way to clear that melancholy feeling when you have a handful of nothing!
Congrats to you. Hope they don't define it as "treasure". It would be nice for you to keep it rather than wait a year or so and then never see again be cause it went to catalogue in the British Museum.

No, I'm fine. single gold or silver coins do not count on there own. Plus I have gridded past the 'close proximity' clause, if I find another. :icon_thumright: It's mine, although the landowner will be shown & justly rewarded. :)

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field

Dream find! :thumbsup: Congrats.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

flip flop said:
WOW !!
Cru, that is just awesome.
If there is a "Made the Banner" record, do you own it?
Mark

I try & answer every question, but I have no idea on this one :dontknow: It's not my aim, it's just fun sharing & learning on Tnet at the same time. I have had banners for non-banner finds & no banners for what I think are no brainers, there is no science to it, it's all just for fun. Most of us know when we had a banner day, whether others agree or not, & that it what matters. :icon_thumright: (although this one hasn't been added yet, maybe Marc ran out of room already :D )

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What a beautiful find, CRUSADER !! :icon_thumright:

Congrats on the banner :hello:

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just can't imagine how awesome that feels. I probably would have had to just sit there in the field for a while to prevent myself from running around like a crazy! :icon_thumright:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Absolutely Gorgeous Stater Cru. The rest of the year is 'butter' now, you can kick back and dig with ease! Congrats on the Banner buddy! :occasion14: :occasion14:

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Magnificent in every respect! I would have voted Banner, but, I see you already made it and well deserved it is!!! :icon_thumleft:

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cru, you are so lucky to live where you live.

But it takes more than luck to do what you do.

That coin is out of this world.

Congratulations and good hunting.

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009

CRUSADER said:
DMN said:
Have to say Crusader, your persistence pays off. And what a nice way to clear that melancholy feeling when you have a handful of nothing!
Congrats to you. Hope they don't define it as "treasure". It would be nice for you to keep it rather than wait a year or so and then never see again be cause it went to catalogue in the British Museum.

No, I'm fine. single gold or silver coins do not count on there own. Plus I have gridded past the 'close proximity' clause, if I find another. :icon_thumright: It's mine, although the landowner will be shown & justly rewarded. :)
One more reason why you have the tremendous opportunities with the fields...you show your integrity time and again. Keep them coming and find the mother lode. It would be fun to see you in the history books in high profile!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Congratulations of finding gold yet again Cru! :notworthy:

The only drawback . . . not having your Dad there to share it with eh! :thumbsup:

Cheers mate! :icon_thumright:
Dave

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey mr. Sader, I'm late, and you already have plenty of comments.

Awesome combo,...Rare...old...and gold, That's my kind of find, (mind you haven't got any of em yet.)

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Amazing find!!!!!! I've only seen a couple of staters even on here. Congrats!!!! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread