2008 EXPEDITION: YAMASH-I-T-A ( Japanese) TREASURE

Jose Pepe

Jul 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 construction workers here in Canlubang, Laguna died of unexplainable death when they opened up some old glass jar they dug up in Nuvali South extension..first some vintage bomb then glass jars... Developers panicked shut downed the supposed to be drainage system of Nuvali South. Some says there might be buried gold or treasures but Ayala land says its not worth the risk..back to the drawing table and re-route the drainage :(.. What a pain.

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 construction workers here in Canlubang, Laguna died of unexplainable death when they opened up some old glass jar they dug up in Nuvali South extension..first some vintage bomb then glass jars... Developers panicked shut downed the supposed to be drainage system of Nuvali South. Some says there might be buried gold or treasures but Ayala land says its not worth the risk..back to the drawing table and re-route the drainage :(.. What a pain.

Jose, Ayala also does TREASURE HUNTING. Dont let them fool you.

Jose Pepe

Jul 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..the supposed to be drainage system is just 150 meters away from the Republic wakeboarding park in Nuvali. We have to re-route the drainage system for another 450 meters and dig manually as advised by the bomb disposal experts from Camp Crame. My men says there might be buried treasures thats why i tried googling and found this website. I reckon its fun to be a treasure hunter.. As a civil engineer, me and my men had dug up unusual things like old airplane wing, vintage bombs, and even a whole rusty world war 2 10 wheeler truck here in Nuvali alone... My only question is.. Who the hell would bury a whole 10 wheeler truck 20ft below the ground?

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..the supposed to be drainage system is just 150 meters away from the Republic wakeboarding park in Nuvali. We have to re-route the drainage system for another 450 meters and dig manually as advised by the bomb disposal experts from Camp Crame. My men says there might be buried treasures thats why i tried googling and found this website. I reckon its fun to be a treasure hunter.. As a civil engineer, me and my men had dug up unusual things like old airplane wing, vintage bombs, and even a whole rusty world war 2 10 wheeler truck here in Nuvali alone... My only question is.. Who the hell would bury a whole 10 wheeler truck 20ft below the ground?

This is a clue. And, the JAPANESE have buried more than that. Do a little research and you will be surprised.

whatgold

Aug 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so I live in the middle of the northern mountains, philippines.

A friend came over with another friend, carrying a gold bar. Sure, gold bar scams are common here... This was the first time I've seen one though

Supposedly the bar originates from a tunnel that was visible after a typhoon and landslide opened it up. They crawled/walked (I dont know) into the tunnel and found some bodies, one decapitated. It sounded like one of them killed himself via harikiri and another one cut off his head to make it faster.. But I don't know, wasn't there.

Anyways, the gold bar was stamped BURMA across the face, with a rectangle around it, but differently than the one photo I could find on the net of a burma bar. It was definitely not pristine, and the bottom side was pock-marked and a bit ugly (the top wasn't pretty either). They said it's from being in the dirt for so long, but what do I know. There are more bars they said, but are too big and heavy to casually carry them. This one was around 6kg in weight, but like I said, not like that other famous burma bar with 3 stars on it.

So, I should find out more and will hopefully have pictures next time. They weren't trying to sell it to me, they were looking for ideas on how to sell it without drawing attention etc.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, so I live in the middle of the northern mountains, philippines.

A friend came over with another friend, carrying a gold bar. Sure, gold bar scams are common here... This was the first time I've seen one though

Supposedly the bar originates from a tunnel that was visible after a typhoon and landslide opened it up. They crawled/walked (I dont know) into the tunnel and found some bodies, one decapitated. It sounded like one of them killed himself via harikiri and another one cut off his head to make it faster.. But I don't know, wasn't there.

Anyways, the gold bar was stamped BURMA across the face, with a rectangle around it, but differently than the one photo I could find on the net of a burma bar. It was definitely not pristine, and the bottom side was pock-marked and a bit ugly (the top wasn't pretty either). They said it's from being in the dirt for so long, but what do I know. There are more bars they said, but are too big and heavy to casually carry them. This one was around 6kg in weight, but like I said, not like that other famous burma bar with 3 stars on it.

So, I should find out more and will hopefully have pictures next time. They weren't trying to sell it to me, they were looking for ideas on how to sell it without drawing attention etc.

Hello Whatgold

Think about it? 6 kilos is roughly 211 ounces at say at rough 1300 per ounce = about 274000 dollars. one bar. They could melt the gold granulate the gold creating small nuggets. There is plenty of gold buyers and sellers in Luzon who would buy the gold. From one bar ya would live like a king by very little effort. These stories are the same old same old. Why would you make it public over the net when you can make yourself rich by very little effort?????

But that is of course if it was real gold?

Crow

whatgold

Aug 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Whatgold

Think about it? 6 kilos is roughly 211 ounces at say at rough 1300 per ounce = about 274000 dollars. one bar. They could melt the gold granulate the gold creating small nuggets. There is plenty of gold buyers and sellers in Luzon who would buy the gold. From one bar ya would live like a king by very little effort. These stories are the same old same old. Why would you make it public over the net when you can make yourself rich by very little effort?????

But that is of course if it was real gold?

Crow

First, it's not mine, so no riches for me. I'm posting on the net to find out if anyone else may have seen a similar bar. I'm not 100% sure its real either, it's my first experience handling something like this.

As far as very little effort, if only it were that easy, or else I don't think they would have asked me for advice. People get killed over grams of gold, and the government will confiscate it if they find out. It's not like you can mail it or take a commercial jet either, it will get taken.

Melting it down seems like the best option, or making it into jewelry... If it's real that is. I'll have to get some pictures, and it is supposedly going to be assayed, which is risky unless you know the person beforehand

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Culinary Cave and whatgold I would not hold my breathe with than one.

A few facts about Burma should clarify my skepticism a little

Britain made better use of Burma's of exploiting natural resources than her past rulers who was always engaged in civil war. By 1900 there were 141 factories in Lower Burma, most of them rice-mills. A ruby-mining concession in Upper Burma, granted soon after annexation, was by 1901 paying 17 per cent to its British shareholders. Rice became big business; just before the Second World War, two-fifths of the world's rice exports were produced in Burmese fields.

This was not entirely beneficial to the Burmese. In 1892 and 1893 a combine of millers and exporters managed to drive down the price paid for rice at the paddy by a third, which greatly increased their profits but did not help the peasants much. The government broke the cartel only when other businessmen angrily pointed out that, as Burmese farmers without money could not purchase British- made products, imports were falling off drastically.

Even after that the Burmese farmer did not fare well. Caught up in a sophisticated and unfamiliar economic system which required him to pay taxes and buy supplies before his crop came in, he fell into the hands of Indian moneylenders backed by British banks and rice-dealers. They took much of his profit, and, eventually, his land. By 1936 half the arable land in Burma was owned by banks, brokers and mortgagees.

Though imperial rule brought with it a general respite from the wars that had long plagued Burma, the period was marked by a tremendous increase in the number of violent crimes. Between 1900 and 1930, the number of murders doubled, while the incidents involving dacoits actually tripled. Some efforts were made to curb this frightening outbreak of disorder, but they had little effect. For the root causes of Burma's violence lay in the breakdown of the Burmese social and political system in the wake of annexation by the British. Not until 1937, when Burma was separated administratively from India and given a certain measure of self-government, did the country recover its sense of nationhood. Burma even by the time of Japanese invasion 1942-1945 Burma did not have an active gold reserve. Even if the gold was cast from looted shrines and temples when the Japanese had control of the country. The bars never would have the worlds Burma on them as they would entirely be of Japanese writing. Burma in Japanese is ビルマ

And if they were actually British bars of Gold standard era it is more telling as these bars never had a raised letters or logos. British empire bars were always stamped with markings even well in the late 1930s of the defunked British gold standard. These are just errors of ignorant forgers wanting to cash in on defrauding the unwary.

Hello whatgold if they have legitimate bars on some sort...there are legitimate buyers. The first thing they should do is melt the gold with a blow torch and tip the melted gold very slowley into a bucket of water. You do this very slowly.... pour too much boom, molten metal and water does not mix. greatesinstant steam and explosion. But if you pour the gold very slowing it will work. Its what we be call granulation on instant contact with water cooling into small tiny misshapen nuggets. When dealing with gold buyer only deal with small amount to see how honest they are. Of course expect them to rip you off a little as it natural they want to make a profit also. You do this multible transactions overtime to build up a working relationship with gold buyer also.

After all if ay smart ya make it a win win sitation for all involved.

Crow

Last edited:

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatgold, my suggestion is to find out more about where the gold was found and how much they saw there. If it is near by see if they will take you there to verify. They probably wont because they are just sellers and not the owner. BEWARE OF SCAMS of course. See if they own a camera to take pics but again it is better if you take them. I would verify quantity before assaying any bars.

Also, you can shave/chip pieces off of it and take it to any of the many pawnshops to sell. They verify/assay it. NEVER NEVER take a complete bar anywhere. It will be stolen from you.

If you need a legitimate buyer I can assist. Just PM me when the time is right.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
hello Whatgold

Check this out this video. Same basic principle except this video shows it with silver. to watch the video cut the crap and go about 3/4 the way through and you will see granulation.

Crow

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest studying on how they make lead shot. Takes One H=== of a lot of heat to melt a Gold bar. If you try to cut it into smaller sizes, your saw teeth clog up in the first pass etc.But Yes, it can be done The key is to have most pieces irregular and different sixes from each other

Curious how that ties in with alternative plans for Tayopa

Don Jose de La Mancha
p.S.
He didn't seem to care if he was using an Oxidizing or a reducing flame nor a protective flux. Can you imagie what the reaction would be if he had dropped the hot crucible into the water

One of the major mines was being robbed so succefully, that they simply formed a bed of sand,scooped out the general shape then poured the motlen silver into the improvised mould into 5-6oo lb\masses y, then trasported them in two wheel carts. The bandits tried to hi jack a cart but gave up in disgust and abandoned it, slso their careers, it was no longer profitable.

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
hello Don amigo yeah it was not exactly a good video but it did show the basic principle.

In the gold rush era Australia when the more accessible alluvial gold was almost gone companies was formed and the miners became more and more employees and condition as there was no labour laws back then was pretty dismal. And there is an Aussie term for gold being stolen from the mines. Just as American had theirs. strange enough I have forgotten both terms. Maybe my old brain is tried as its late at night..

Anyone???

Crow

whatgold

Aug 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatgold, my suggestion is to find out more about where the gold was found and how much they saw there. If it is near by see if they will take you there to verify. They probably wont because they are just sellers and not the owner. BEWARE OF SCAMS of course. See if they own a camera to take pics but again it is better if you take them. I would verify quantity before assaying any bars.

Also, you can shave/chip pieces off of it and take it to any of the many pawnshops to sell. They verify/assay it. NEVER NEVER take a complete bar anywhere. It will be stolen from you.

If you need a legitimate buyer I can assist. Just PM me when the time is right.

Thanks for the pawn shop advice, that seems like the easiest thing to do

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Don Amigo

Ah yes high graders and the other term and old Australian slang term which has British origins. "tea-leafer" It goes back to the day when miners was given paltry wages to mine gold and what happened the miners would steal small amounts of gold overtime. They used ingenious ways to smuggle gold out the mine under the very eyes of their employers.

Crow

andro

May 4, 2014
SAUDI
Detector(s) used
SONDA MD5008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what do you think this? 28012008205.jpg

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing of significance. that scars on the stone are freshly made . you can notice that even with your bare eye.

that stone alone , if not compared with other markers within the vicinity, will be of no importance. you have to check the surroundings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread