2009 Tot-Lot Gold/Silver and Trinkets

jasper62

Feb 8, 2009
Georgia
Detector(s) used
BH pioneer 202 / garrett ace 250
2009 Was my first full year Metal Detecting and I found that I really enjoy the Hobby (addiction) :).My primary hunting grounds are the Tot-lots with an occasional older sight.I didn't keep track of my Clad count but I'm sure it had to be at least 400 dollars or more.Everything on the Orange tissue is either Gold or Silver.10 Gold rings and 9 Silver Rings.2010 I hope to double those numbers.. Thanks for Lookn

Attachments

• IMG_0649.jpg
    IMG_0649.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 1,542
  • IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0655.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,543
  • IMG_0649.jpg
    IMG_0649.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 1,539
  • IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0655.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,538
Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen the most jewelry come from Tot-Lots, and I think it is FANTASTIC for those who can work those areas. The problems I have with Tot-Lots are all the pull tabs & other junk. Also I can't get too close to the metal swings/jungle jims etc. I generally get disgusted and leave. Any suggestions? Breezie

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had an excellent year. It is quite obvious, that your tot lots are much better than mine are. :headbang:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Breezie said:
I've seen the most jewelry come from Tot-Lots, and I think it is FANTASTIC for those who can work those areas. The problems I have with Tot-Lots are all the pull tabs & other junk. Also I can't get too close to the metal swings/jungle jims etc. I generally get disgusted and leave. Any suggestions? Breezie

Use a small sniper type coil to get close to the metal. I don't know where you people find these tot lots. mine never give up gold and rarely silver.

OP
OP
jasper62

jasper62

Feb 8, 2009
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Breezie said:
Thanks Breezie and everyone else,I'm using the ace 250 with the stock coil,Just lower the sensitivity to 1 or 2 bars and I can get with in an inch or two of those post.If you want the Gold you have to dig alot of pulltabs & other junk.It also helps that theres 11 Elementry schools in my county and another 20 in surrounding county's .You're not going to find it all the time.I went 2 months without finding one pc and then in one day 2 gold rings.You just have to be persistent

OP
OP
jasper62

jasper62

Feb 8, 2009
Georgia
Detector(s) used
scrounger said:
great jewelry finds. gold is the best. im trying to get more gold. but didnt do anywhere near as good as you. best of luck doubling up 2010.

loved the clock . obamas a jerk. can we survive him?

Yeah I kinda like the clock too.Can we Survive him you ask .I'm sure we will but he's not making it easy.The midterm election's need to hurry up and get here

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pile of tot lot treasure! You should get a small treasure chest to keep your goodies in.....

and to dazzle your friends. :icon_pirat:

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats...I too stick to the Tot Lots mostly, and sand volleyball courts when available... To anyone who says the Tot Lots are a waste of time...take a look below at my Best Find from 2005....also made the W&E Treasures magazine. And recently just made it to the 2010 Whites Calendar.

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

Attachments

• BLING.jpg
    BLING.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,046
  • BLING.jpg
    BLING.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,047

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Man, I need to start hitting more tot lots!!!!!!!! Holy moly, that's a lot of fine loot you've pillaged from the local tot lots.

Great work!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds........all i get in tot lots is clad, never a piece of gold yet! you did great

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Breezie said:

The trash, well thats a fact of life in tot lots, you pick it up and move on.
Doing somewhat of a civic duty by keeping the play area clean, and also you won't have to contend with it next time you are there.

Detecting around large metal objects is easy.
Turn down the sensitivity a bit, and use very slow sweeps.
I can get within 2 inches of large metal objects, even if the metal sets it off, if theres something else there, like a ring, it will signal as well.
You just have to train you ears to pick up on these competing signals, and also the depth gauge tends to fluctuate in those circumstances.
Pinpointing can be tough, or impossible, in proximity to a large metal object, but you can narrow it down enough to get a good idea where to look.

Nice finds by the way, not bad at all for year #1.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Nice tot-lot finds, holy moley!!

Barack in 2012!! :wink:

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread