Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I'm done with CRHing for 2010. Late in 2009 after watching Silvercop vacuum up all the silver in Alabama I decided to go from road trips to boxes. Have not been on one road trip all year.
Besides half dollar boxes I did a few dime boxes and handrolls. Searched very few quarters and no nickel boxes.
Quit in March for a couple of weeks and quit in November when I lost my dump banks, but started limited box hunting with my son (who has dump banks) in mid November.
I ended up recovering more silver with boxes than road trips. I don't miss the road trips but do miss the infrequent solid rolls.
Overall I did better with box hunting this year.Even got my first dream box, albeit a small one.
Here is the breakdown:

2009 2010

War nickels 8 1
barber dimes 2 0
mercury dimes 27 10
Roosevelt dimes 350 131
Canadian dimes 14 2

Quarters 43 1
Canadian Quarters 1 2
Columbus halves 2 1
Barber halves 2 0
WLH 95 124
Ben's 133 185
1964 Kennedy 265 342
40% 1808 2046
Canadian halves 2 0
Ike dollar 40% 1 0

I still haven't decided on the goal or plan for 2011. January I have to pay off some bills which will cut into my hunting funds, for most of the month. I have some dump banks that I can acquire. If I get them I may go back to doing a dozen boxes a week. I probably will hit the dimes a lot harder and maybe try some nickels and quarters. I'm tempted to go on a road trip. Maybe I'll give it a go.
Happy New Year Everyone !
Rich

Upvote 0
Nice year Rich :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: - Good to see the totals. I haven't even thought about 2011 yet :D You hit those numbers for 2011 and that would be a good year for CRH!

Maine_Jim

Mr. Hartford,
That is a nice haul on the dimes and halves. Bet you top it next year. I am also not sure how I will set my goals for 2011. But, if I can get just a bit of luck from the New England states, I am sure I can muster up.

apush :read2:

Great year!! WTG!!!! I hope the New Year is just as rewarding!!!

Rich,
Great year for you especially those rosies and half dollars. Awesome totals and very
inspirational to all the readers. I agree with you about doing half dollar boxes. Seems
they are more productive than riding all over town looking for customer wrapped rolls
that are now few and far between except for dumps. Haven't gotten a full silver roll in
months. I've been doing a few boxes a week for the past couple of months and always
get a few keepers for the pile. Saves a lot on gas as well. Anyway, I wish you the best for
2011. Hope I can match you.
All the best
rileyboy

Way to go Rich, your totals are an inspiration to all of us and even though you took some breaks and ran into some roadblocks along the way you still had an amazing year! :icon_thumleft: I always love reading about your finds - here's to your continued success!!! :occasion14:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back