Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Corinth1812 said:
I cant believe how much silver we are pulling down here in southern illinois. 53, tommyboy72, me 48 and goldinwater 42 wow....and its only march.

Yeah, I've set my goal for silver for only 100 this season. But that's because I've bumped up my gold goal to 20. That'll keep me off the turf for at least two months.

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Corinth1812, I don't know how we're doing it either! LOL!! You found a ton of silver last year, I only found 127 and it was my first year with my Minelab. I guess I'm finally learning all the little nuances of hunting with a minelab. It's almost scary sometimes how these machines will find the silver. I have went to a bunch of places I went last year with my machine and I'm still pulling silver out of them! The really scary thing is that Chris(Goldinwater) hasn't been land hunting for a long time(he used to hunt land all the time back in the day), he had pretty much just converted to water hunting, and he's only been using his minelab since mid to late last year and he's already pulled 42 silver this year alone. He is rapidly becoming a force to be reckoned with in our neck of the woods. I've hunted a lot with him and it's amazing they way he can walk a site and gravitate towards the areas with the silver!! I'm not even kidding! Plus, he's really good at getting permission to hunt private sites!! anyway Dave, I hope we all pull 500 silvers apiece this year!!! good luck, and happy hunting to everyone!!

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Please put me down for one. My first silver coin of 2011, the nice '45 Washington quarter I dug today. I am pretty confident that I will easily eclipse last years silver coin total (17). I would also like to dig more than 2 silver coins in one day, a feat that I didn't manage last year (though I did dig 2 silver coins on 3 separate occasions).

OP
OP
Lookn4Seated

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
208 [2000] 3-11-2011

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Hit a couple Boulevards today, wasn't getting much and then a lady came out and told me I could detect her small yard. I found 1 1945s Merc. and a 1950d Rosie, and a .925 wedding band. that put's me at 55 silver coins for the year.

Attachments

• 03-11-11.JPG
    03-11-11.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 414

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Up to three now FTY with the last two mercs. Look out you Southern Illinois guys. I'm on your tail.

Aw geez, that tail looks long.

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found my first 2 mercs for the year and a sterling silver spoon 1910. also put down jfrag21 with his first ever silver coin,thanks

Goldinwater

Nov 1, 2007
Hurst,Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Stingwray,Cz20, Excaliber, Spectrum xlt, Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Add one more to my silver count. Found a 42 merc. while water hunting in lake michigan

OP
OP
Lookn4Seated

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3-13-2011
226 [2000]

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NW IL, anyone interested in a weekday hunt?

Hi All,

I'm headed back to my hometown in IL for a visit...definately bring my detector; I'm looking for a lady detecting partner for a day, anyone near the very NW area of IL that would like to go out detecting one day during the week? I'm hoping to try some of the smaller towns that may not have been detected much.

Thanks!
Angie
Galena, IL

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Re: NW IL, anyone interested in a weekday hunt?

AlaskaAng said:
Hi All,

I'm headed back to my hometown in IL for a visit...definately bring my detector; I'm looking for a lady detecting partner for a day, anyone near the very NW area of IL that would like to go out detecting one day during the week? I'm hoping to try some of the smaller towns that may not have been detected much.

Thanks!
Angie
Galena, IL

I'd put on a wig, but even Lady Trolls wouldn't look that scary. If you get around Elizabeth, Apple River or thereabouts do give me an update on how it's looking! Thanks!

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: NW IL, anyone interested in a weekday hunt?

Lowbatts said:
AlaskaAng said:
Hi All,

Thanks!
Angie
Galena, IL

I'd put on a wig, but even Lady Trolls wouldn't look that scary. If you get around Elizabeth, Apple River or thereabouts do give me an update on how it's looking! Thanks!
I sure will Lowbatts; not sure where I'll head out to but I hope to find silver anyway! Ang

ILseeker

Jun 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's dfx with sunray probe Explorer SE Pro
Add three more to my silver tally I got a 52 Washington, 38 Merc, and a 63 Rosie yesterday that makes 12 this year.

Attachments

• DSC07516.JPG
    DSC07516.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 374
  • DSC07517.JPG
    DSC07517.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 376
OP
OP
Lookn4Seated

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member