Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• skunked_again2.jpg
    skunked_again2.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 115

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
You found some real quality buttons ....but that 76 is just killer...awesome year!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We'll be getting out this week and I just found what appears to be a great place. Settled in 1778 by multiple families and not a soul around now. It's one of these places that's either going to be a head scratcher why nothing is there, or be awesome. I can't wait to find out.

One of my favorite parts of this hobby is the anticipation of a new site that you believe may be killer

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my favorite parts of this hobby is the anticipation of a new site that you believe may be killer

I always have that anticipation when I head out, I always have great expectations, and just about giddy on a new site. Last one got a coin right away, then visions (illusions) of roundness appear in every hole. Most often it don't work out as I "expected", but I'm never disappointed, and just as hopelessly optimistic for the next hunt. Hey if I though I wasn't going to find something good I'd stay home. Anyway...

Much stuff there to like IP, Aside from the banner button there are a number of very good ones, I esp. like the General's B.
I'd nearly kill for a nice wax seal.

goldbmine

Nov 13, 2015
North Ga.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that button with the canons! Oh man, just gets me going all over! That's some wonderful finds IP! Big congrats buddy!

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll never get tired of looking at that 76th or KA button. Man they're sweet! You did well on coppers this year but the Blacksmith is the winner as far as coins/tokens go. Hopefully you get out again. I'm heading out for a bit in the morning. Gotta find the rest of that musket!!

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks like we'll be out again Wed. or Thurs. and I will have a very solid plan going in. I'm fired up to try this new idea because it was quite an isolated site back in the day and never grew into much of a community, and has only died out since then. Today it's mostly just fields and not much more.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll never get tired of looking at that 76th or KA button. Man they're sweet! You did well on coppers this year but the Blacksmith is the winner as far as coins/tokens go. Hopefully you get out again. I'm heading out for a bit in the morning. Gotta find the rest of that musket!!

Another King's button was great to add to my collection, but like I said it's the Blacksmith and 76th that make my year. Both are quite rare for what they are, but also extremely rare to find here as Blacksmith tokens are near unheard of being found, and Rev period officer buttons hardy ever turning up too. So the ground sure doesn't owe me anymore this Fall, but I sure wouldn't mind one more good one to go with them. What that would be, who knows, but there's only one way to find out.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I expect you'll do well, as I expect I will this week looking for 3-4 cellar holes, "close" to a good area. Shame to be in the house right now. (sucks smiley)

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would very much love having about any of those finds as part of my early 20th century collection of boring crap!!!!! I just can't imagine finding anything with that much historic significance, I would be thrilled. Wouldn't have a clue what it was, but would be thrilled none the less. Congrats on a short but great year.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did have a great year! And I'm sure you still have a couple hunts left in it. I suffered a serious drought this year, but not for lack of trying :dontknow:

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AWESOME finds congrats on a stellar year!

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did have a great year! And I'm sure you still have a couple hunts left in it. I suffered a serious drought this year, but not for lack of trying :dontknow:

This is the first year in quite a while where I feel I had a little luck on my side. Back when I started it seemed like great stuff would find me, and it was easy, but then I had a long period where it seemed like I was just barely meeting the quota for decent finds considering the time I put in. So this Fall feels like the old days with a couple a nice surprises popping up, and even a few things I've found multiples of before but hadn't seen in a decade, namely... the bigger ramrod pipe, 1795 British Artillery, and 1812 period Royal Navy button. As for getting out I'm pretty sure we will as right now things are wide open again and we're looking at Wed. or Thurs.. I'm well prepared for ideas so we'll see what happens.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow what an amazing assortment of awesome buttons IP. That looks like a lifetime of finds, not just for a single year. It's interesting that almost all your finds are buttons while Scrappy's are coins. Guess every area has its own specialty artifacts. BTW - I just dug a saw nut that's exactly like the larger one in your pic. I almost never dig those, but I don't think it has much age to it. Anyway, congrats on all your fine "moments".

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what an amazing assortment of awesome buttons IP. That looks like a lifetime of finds, not just for a single year. It's interesting that almost all your finds are buttons while Scrappy's are coins. Guess every area has its own specialty artifacts. BTW - I just dug a saw nut that's exactly like the larger one in your pic. I almost never dig those, but I don't think it has much age to it. Anyway, congrats on all your fine "moments".

That sort of fits into what I was saying above, because back when I started all my best finds were relics and it took a very long time before I accumulated some decent old coins. On more than one occasional I've dug two early silver on the same hunt and now just can not get the coil over the things. Pretty funny how things work, but I haven't given up on the silver yet... still a little time to go!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love all the Rev War stuff, and that silver button certainly steals the show. Glad you made some exceptional finds this season!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Year indeed !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions