Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep....not bad,,we'll have to go again next year

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet AZDave or Carrol while I was there. I wandered around on Saturday and spent a little time visiting a site Rick Gwynn wanted to show near the Burns Ranch. I probably saw one or both of you, but didn't know who you were and I'm usually not a very sociable person who'll just come up and introduce myself to someone I don't know. Maybe next year.

Glad you could come out for awhile though. Even though personally it's lost some appeal for me, it's always worth a few good stories and it's good to be able to put faces to names.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet AZDave or Carrol while I was there. I wandered around on Saturday and spent a little time visiting a site Rick Gwynn wanted to show near the Burns Ranch. I probably saw one or both of you, but didn't know who you were and I'm usually not a very sociable person who'll just come up and introduce myself to someone I don't know. Maybe next year.

Glad you could come out for awhile though. Even though personally it's lost some appeal for me, it's always worth a few good stories and it's good to be able to put faces to names.

sorry we missed you too....did rick show you the old mission site?

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry we missed you too....did rick show you the old mission site?

Yes he did. There isn't much left but rubble and it looks like someone(s) did a good job of digging around in it over time (probably with a backhoe). It's pretty tough at this point to guess what it was - stone cabin, storage building, Native American ruins or ?? I don't remember if Bob Ward put a photo of what it looked like during his time in his book but I'll check tonight.

I know for certain it wasn't the photo that Not Peralta posted a year or more ago of what he claimed was the mission because there isn't any mountain background anywhere near that matched that photo.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Yes he did. There isn't much left but rubble and it looks like someone(s) did a good job of digging around in it over time (probably with a backhoe). It's pretty tough at this point to guess what it was - stone cabin, storage building, Native American ruins or ?? I don't remember if Bob Ward put a photo of what it looked like during his time in his book but I'll check tonight.

I know for certain it wasn't the photo that Not Peralta posted a year or more ago of what he claimed was the mission because there isn't any mountain background anywhere near that matched that photo.

rumor is either crawford or garmin dug it up...the stone blocks were removed years ago and used for a block wall in some hillbillys yard in apache junction

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't make it on friday night, but did on sat.....an hour or so before sundown.
Roy and Beth were there, as was Matthew Roberts, Joe and Caroline, Tom and Sharon K., Thomas Glover, Bob Schoose, Frank A., Salvador, Wayne and Trevor Tuttle, Randy W.,Rick Gwynne, Paul S., Roger N., and many others well known to the community. As always, a very interesting gathering of good folks with a wealth of knowledge of all things LDM and many other treasure legends.
As the saying goes....you ain't bin there till you bin there !!

Wayne

Matthew Roberts sent me an email a wrote this between other

" I got out of the mountains but was not at the Rendezvous. I'm not sure why it was reported I was there I wasn't. "

So , about who Matthew Roberts were you writing ? What kind of game is this ?

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may have been mistaken, as at the time the gentleman in question was talking I was at the other end of the ramada in conversation with another attendee, and with the firepit blocking my view somewhat.
He was talking about historical events, and about the same size and stature, so I assumed it was Matthew, but didn't see him later on, although I did watch for him.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's too bad. I had wanted to compare notes on a couple of places in the mountains.
I was watching for him while I was hiking out there myself that week, but didn't see anyone, other than a couple of deer hunters.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, never made it there but the pic's are cool. They add faces to people I've know for years on TN. Even that old sidewinder Joe! Still stuck here fixing up a 1910 farm house me and the wife bought.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Well maybe next year.��
Wrmickel1

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's too bad. I had wanted to compare notes on a couple of places in the mountains.
I was watching for him while I was hiking out there myself that week, but didn't see anyone, other than a couple of deer hunters.

Are you sure how the hunters were hunting deer ? Because I have read a different version .

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure how the hunters were hunting deer ? Because I have read a different version .

Can't say for sure, as they were 1/2 mile down the canyon and headed in the opposite direction.
Watched them through the glasses for a bit. They were wearing full cammo and carrying scoped long guns, so seeing as it was the first day of deer season, I'd believe the assumption is a valid one.

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rumor is either crawford or garmin dug it up...the stone blocks were removed years ago and used for a block wall in some hillbillys yard in apache junction

Probably some cotton-picking peckerhead whose fond of listening to fellow squirrel-sandwich eating, hilly-billy singing songs about "bashing the British" (say thanks to your Frenchie friends; mind you, you took a pounding in Vietnam for them and repaid the favour I suppose), who doesn't have any acknowledgement for history, education, posterity or even the concept of art.

IPUK

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Probably some cotton-picking peckerhead whose fond of listening to fellow squirrel-sandwich eating, hilly-billy singing songs about "bashing the British" (say thanks to your Frenchie friends; mind you, you took a pounding in Vietnam for them and repaid the favour I suppose), who doesn't have any acknowledgement for history, education, posterity or even the concept of art.

IPUK

" cotton-picking peckerhead whose fond of listening to fellow squirrel-sandwich eating, hilly-billy singing songs about "bashing the British"

yep...shotgun toting ,hog calling, bourbon drinking, 4wd truck driving, bar fighting ,toothless hillbillys...just good old boys..my kind of feller's

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" cotton-picking peckerhead whose fond of listening to fellow squirrel-sandwich eating, hilly-billy singing songs about "bashing the British"

yep...shotgun toting ,hog calling, bourbon drinking, 4wd truck driving, bar fighting ,toothless hillbillys...just good old boys..my kind of feller's

That makes sense....:cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing:

IPUK

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being one of those Missouri Ozarks Hillbilly's you like to slam on here...

I invite you down to meet some of these fine folks..

Enjoy some of our many lakes and rivers, do some fishing, canoeing..

Pay no attention to that banjo music coming from the holler....

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No "slamming" - just the truth...check all the posts, including the ones where chaps with crimson napes keep referring to Great Britain even though the threads are specifically about the Apache of the Southwest and northern Mexico...

Thanks for the invitation, but I'll have to decline on this occasion...

If you're into fishing, canoeing and enjoying the great outdoors, then please feel free to come and sample the delights of our wonderful little island with its amazing countryside; a constant feature is fat-arsed beetroot-red, wrinkled, wheezing Americans with garish adornments are to be found, appreciating the 'Mother Country' that gave the US its beginning...

I wouldn't dream of ever entering a place which had a banjo-playing albino within a 100 miles..., thankfully, it is pretty clear where these 'things' are residing therefore those Hicksville outposts are definitely not on the itinerary!

IPUK

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

lol...i think our limey friend has been watching the movie deliverance too many times..maybe he thinks if he showed up over here he'd end up like ned beatty:dontknow:

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentleman: How did this simple thread about the 2016 Lost Dutchman Rendezvous deteriorate into a drinking good old boys site. Those people on this site posting along those lines should start their own thread regarding their subject. Anybody else agree with me? Gregory E. Davis

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
i think the problem is that we just kinda ran out of things to talk about on the subject...there's only so much you can say about the rendezvous

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread