2016 Dutch Hunters Rendezvous

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Riley,
Many people on this site are claiming to have found either the lost Dutchman mine or a treasure but they never provided any proof. If just one including you could produce a five gallon bucket of rich ore or a bar of gold maybe some of us here wouldn't think you are crazy. And a report on a piece of paper won't work. We want to see gold or your words mean nothing. On this website on other forums members are constantly posting pics of their finds but nobody on this forum has ever shown anything and until they do you will not be taken seriously.

I have a vile of gold nuggets I've found mainly in the Los Guijas range. Not quite as much as Sarge has but it was all found by me and good old hard work drywashing, and metal detecting. A lot of us think the real treasure is in the search. But one thing is for sure ALL mining companies use GEO electronics for finding gold and I would NEVER extract a huge vein of gold myself. My intentions were always to sell it to a large mining company as none of us have the equipment or the backing for a very large mining operation. So what you've just said is you don't believe any mining companies like Newmont, Goldcorp or Barrick Gold have found anything at all with their methods when they all trade in on the stock exchange?

Newmont's Geologist Jeff Chambers came out and assessed my Gold Mine for free. They don't do anything less than 50 million ounces so I was given the name of a smaller gold company to sell my claim to.

I do things the way a REAL mining company does because I had to actually deal with the State of Arizona on my claim as a large mining company would. The state doesn't allow recreational mining only large mine operations. Drilling and Geo Electronics is all they believe in. I did this along with plain old prospecting (Treasure Hunting) and that is what brought me to the claim I had for five years. But, if you don't believe in true mining geology methods what do you believe? The Dutchman? HAHAHAHAHA!!

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne that was a surprise. They really thought I dug that 100 foot tunnel next to that old mine. The guy is a healer though. He asked if I had any pain. I said my knee and he healed it. You coming down this year

You really did one on those guys Frank....digging out that shaft was hard work...did Ryan help ya? You should be ashamed of yourself for claim jumping that poor old fellas site! They sure did talk trash about ya..why don't you send OLD after them for ya she hates trash talking! Well at least he healed ya of your sins!

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, enjoyed it. Well filmed, girl was cute, fairly good acting, great music.
OK, I did nod off a time or two. But that's just me, I do that all the time, nothing against anyone's professional 'acting abilities'.

I've used a resistivity checker before, checking electrical grounding systems.
Didn't realize it could tell you if you were over a tunnel. I'll have to call BS on that, and really all the rest!
But I did enjoy it. Like I said the lady was cute. ;)

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Interesting, enjoyed it. Well filmed, girl was cute, fairly good acting, great music.
OK, I did nod off a time or two. But that's just me, I do that all the time, nothing against anyone's professional 'acting abilities'.

Didn't realize it could tell you if you were over a tunnel. I'll have to call BS on that, and really all the rest!

earnie...those scanners have been around since the 80's....back then they were called geophysical scanners...a couple guys sold them for 10k...a guy by the name of cochran and a guy down in mexico named manuel....we had one and tested it pretty thoroughly...first thing we found out is they dont work good in dry arizona dirt...they were better after a good rain...we copied it and built one and i still have it...we never found anything with it unless it was very close to the surface and close to the machine...the claims of stringing wire 100 foot away from the machine and scanning in between were bogus

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

they wasted $200 in claim filing fees...thats an old iron mine they are trying to work...its right on the dirt road and 40,000 people a year ride quads and atv's on that road..everyone and their brother has poked around in that mine

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
earnie...those scanners have been around since the 80's....back then they were called geophysical scanners...a couple guys sold them for 10k...a guy by the name of cochran and a guy down in mexico named manuel....we had one and tested it pretty thoroughly...first thing we found out is they dont work good in dry arizona dirt...they were better after a good rain...we copied it and built one and i still have it...we never found anything with it unless it was very close to the surface and close to the machine...the claims of stringing wire 100 foot away from the machine and scanning in between were bogus

Hello Dave,
The tester I've used on grounding systems was called a fall-of-potential resistivity tester (I think, it's been awhile).
It also had two rods and connecting lines that were put out at specific distances. I believe the second rod was at 62% of the distance to the first rod. A third connection line was connected to the ground rod being tested. Worked well at testing resistivity for ground rods or grounding grids. (Old memories, could be off a bit.)

Anyway, this instrument in the video looked a lot like it only with different labels.:dontknow:
If it really works for detecting tunnels (doubt it!), the Border Patrol should buy several to check for those drug runner underground activities.

Found this;
http://www.fluke.com/fluke/inen/solutions/earthground/fall-of-potential

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Hello Dave,
The tester I've used on grounding systems was called a fall-of-potential resistivity tester (I think, it's been awhile).
It also had two rods and connecting lines that were put out at specific distances. I believe the second rod was at 62% of the distance to the first rod. A third connection line was connected to the ground rod being tested. Worked well at testing resistivity for ground rods or grounding grids. (Old memories, could be off a bit.)

Anyway, this instrument in the video looked a lot like it only with different labels.:dontknow:
If it really works for detecting tunnels (doubt it!), the Border Patrol should buy several to check for those drug runner underground activities.

yep...same deal...they used to be called meggars

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Tad different, meggars generally used for insulation testing on wires and cables, used higher voltages.

we made a geo scanner out of an old hand crank meggar and it did the same thing as the $10,000 scanner...we did have to recalibrate the meter on it though

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you combine a sub signal VLF with the ground probe resistivity, it enhances the signal down to the depth of the Sub Signal (24 khz) VLF skin so a few hundred feet of ferrous or non ferrous metals. Otherwise you'll need a powerful signal generator for a booster which they do make for weak signal area's.

The EM16 R is the Geonics instrument I've seen used in the field and it works real good. When you enhance it with the resistor combo, it makes it perfect for finding gold deposits! This is from Geonic's website for Geologists:

The EM16R Resistivity Attachment uses a pair of electrodes to measure the apparent resistivity of the earth. The combined EM16/16R instrument can detect a second earth layer if the layer occurs within the VLF skin-depth. In addition, the EM16/16R can map resistive alteration for gold exploration.

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you combine a sub signal VLF with the ground probe resistivity, it enhances the signal down to the depth of the Sub Signal (24 khz) VLF skin so a few hundred feet of ferrous or non ferrous metals. Otherwise you'll need a powerful signal generator for a booster which they do make for weak signal area's.

The EM16 R is the Geonics instrument I've seen used in the field and it works real good. When you enhance it with the resistor combo, it makes it perfect for finding gold deposits! This is from Geonic's website for Geologists:

I'd be skeptical of those instruments working to discover ore deposits of any kind, but then I've never seen one in use (for ore discovery).

You saw it in use and say it worked Bill, so I believe you.
I hope it's the mother lode!

Last edited:

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well, I be won't make the LDM Rendezvous. Won't make it out to Az. until Feb now. Wife says I have to have someone with me to go in the hills/mountains. So a friend will go with me in Feb. Will miss not seeing all you guys, but lack of money raises it's ugly head, again. ;)

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The evidence that Travis fabricated the maps from the very start is overwhelming to say the least. He was a "Stone Carver" long before the maps were created by him and fabricated the treasure chest stone map in Texas, this has all been proven. He intentionally buried the stones for later excavation as his family said.

All other stone maps after that are fabrications to. So the Latin Heart is one the Bilbry Cross another, just copycats. I wouldn't doubt if Travis himself carved those other stones and placed them so they could be found out there. His actions prove he was deceptive and made the maps. How many coincidences does it take to prove one person fabricated the stones? How many family members testifying he made them from the start? A stone map carver finds ancient carved stone maps? Come on!!

And RG knows more about the true nature of the stone maps than anyone else in the world. He's in solid with the family on this and they know the true history of Travis's legacy. No other has been that close to the family before, no one!

I think he even proved they were fake by identifying the place he carved them before they were buried in the desert by him a few years prior to his fake buried map "Discovery". He even told family members they were his creation. I don't think it could be anymore compelling than that. He claimed he made them from a map left him by "Pegleg Tumlinson" his grandfather. He was only attempting to make others find bits and pieces of the real map he had so he could pounce of their findings and have them do all the work for him as he very seldom went into the range and stayed mostly at his campsite.

So Travis cut those stones by himself and fabricated the whole story behind it. That will come out if Ryan ever does a show about it which I understand is in the works and set for release sometime this spring. Then you will see the whole story, or, maybe not. Productions have a way of sensationalizing the truth and taking away all facts.

And Bill don't forget where the rock material came from,,,,,not from Az!

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All,

Tom Kollenborn has told me he plans on attending this years Rendezvous, as long as Sharon has recovered enough from her latest trip to the hospital. I'm sure everyone here wishes her a speedy recovery. She is certainly in Carolyn and my prayers.

Dr. Glover is planning on driving down with us on Saturday for that day only. We will try to talk Bob Corbin into joining us. If you can get Tom, Dr. Glover and Bob Corbin together in one place, it would be hard to find three more knowledgeable (LDM) people to talk to in one setting. If Clay also should also show up, it would be like the LDM Super Bowl.

I may need Carolyn's assistance, something I have always had, but I wouldn't want to miss that Saturday.

Hope to see many of you there.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread