Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went to an old site, I am not mentioning where..lol

this place is mega trashy, nails everywhere!!! I tried several different methods of hunting and TTF was the only option where I could get decent signals, and I crawled thru the iron slow as a snail! If you look at the dirty pic, look at all the nails, there were nails in almost every hole I dug, this place is brutal.

I dug all signals nickel range and above, started off with a 1906 injun, then a 1936 wheat, everything was clad and trash after that for almost 2 hrs, then I got a 3" deep nickel signal, dug the hole saw a green disk, flipped it out and it was a 1899 V nickel with a 1899 barber dime stuck to the back of it! Stand up go about one foot and I get another shallow nickel signal. Out pops a 1894 V nickel.........ended on a good note! I don't remember the last day I had a double V nickel day.

This site must of had dirt moved around a lot sometimes you dig zincs at 6" and old coins are 3-4". So you have to dig everything, you cannot go by depth.

3-8-11dirty.jpg

3-8-11.jpg

Upvote 0

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad looking 22 cents either. :icon_thumright:

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Was expecting a 2 cent piece and two dimes, either way good finds.

Hill

treasurepirate1

Aug 21, 2010
Ontario canada
Detector(s) used
fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats some really successful hunt but by watching your videos on youtube this is pretty typical of your finds and speaking of youtube, are you posting this as a video

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasurepirate1 said:
thats some really successful hunt but by watching your videos on youtube this is pretty typical of your finds and speaking of youtube, are you posting this as a video
I did not make a video sorry

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:-X We were at a site just like that yesterday...'cept we didn't find the good stuff like you did. :icon_pirat:

Terrific finds! Nana :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread