24 Dredge

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
24' Dredge

Hello fellow prospectors, my name is Ray but as you know I go by "OKIE" on here. This may be a fun thread as I am wondering how to go about turning a 24' pontoon boat into a ocean dredge? Not that I am going to do it but it is something I have been kicking around in my head since the first airing of "Baring Sea Gold" dredging show.

1) Okay now what I want to know is what size of dredges "YOU" would use and WHY?

2) How would you set up the layout of the deck? IE sluice boxes pumps. Remember this is a 8' wide by 20' deck. the pontoons are 24' long. and a whole LOT more sea worthy than what I have seen on that show.

3) What other equipment would be needed.

I just thought this would be kind of fun since most if not all of you have more experience at this type of stuff than I do, and for the part most of are sitting on our butts waiting for the new prospecting season to start up again, and we are always trying to figure out something or build something...RIGHT?? LOL
So do some thinking on it and let me know your thoughts on this if you don't mind and have some EXTRA time on your hands!!

Thanks and God Bless
OKIE

Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 24' Dredge

russau said:
after veiwing your video, what was causeing all the splashing at the flair?? have you had it out dredgeing lately?

Russ,

The Video was someone else's dredge. I think Oragonads sold his :dontknow:

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
Re: 24' Dredge

Yea, I ended up scraping mine out before I finished it. The video wasn't of mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread