wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 24k bracelet and posted it in Todays Finds because I found it on a sports field not on the beach or water...wanted my friends in Beach and Shallow Water forum to see it...thanks.
Good that you posted on both forums. That is a FANTASTIC piece of gold. I'm with you I didn't think they made much jewelry in 24K. I've got some soccer fields around my area and I'm going to hit them next week. There have been a number of posts of folks finding nice gold pieces on sport fields...got to get away from the sand once in a while.

That's a really nice find...Rich

Last edited:

fsa46

Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites DFPI, 2 @ Excalibur II, 2 @ Sovereign GT w/ 10" & 8" Tornado coils, 2@ 10x12 SEF coils all on their own rods, Whites MXT Pro , 2@ Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, what an awesome score. Congratulations

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice find congrats and rare I have yet to break 18 k great find

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking down,
What link is the picture on? I dying to see this beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a thumbs_up.jpg

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Oh and awesome find by the way! I think I commented on the other forum. You can cross that off your bucket list, unless you've found pure gold b4.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good that you posted on both forums. That is a FANTASTIC piece of gold. I'm with you I didn't think they made much jewelry in 24K. I've got some soccer fields around my area and I'm going to hit them next week. There have been a number of posts of folks finding nice gold pieces on sport fields...got to get away from the sand once in a while.

That's a really nice find...Rich

There is probably more 24K gold out there thank you think, especially in areas that are politically unstable.
Gold that pure is bullion, with the same purity as the Canadian Maple leaf gold coin or may be even purer.
Wearing a bracelet, necklace, or ring of this purity is less likely to raise an alarm, if you are fleeing than carrying gold coins in your pocket.
Especially, if you have to go thru airports. The links of the chain can easily be broken off and exchanged for what you need. just like the silver spanish 8 reales (IIRC) were broken into bits.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I like where this last post is going!!
Good stuff...learned a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is probably more 24K gold out there thank you think, especially in areas that are politically unstable.
Gold that pure is bullion, with the same purity as the Canadian Maple leaf gold coin or may be even purer.
Wearing a bracelet, necklace, or ring of this purity is less likely to raise an alarm, if you are fleeing than carrying gold coins in your pocket.
Especially, if you have to go thru airports. The links of the chain can easily be broken off and exchanged for what you need. just like the silver spanish 8 reales (IIRC) were broken into bits.

Very interesting comment....it does add some intrigue to the find. I'm still going to hunt some soccer fields. We all know that the dudes playing soccer always seem to be wearing a lot of BLING !!

I did hunt a beach soccer field tonight...following up on lookindown's great find. The area is used by local soccer leagues during the summer months. Unfortunately no gold but a silver square earring and a really different pendant...Any thoughts on the pendant?

001.JPG 004.JPG 006.JPG 010.JPG 012.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread