.25 cent find.

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped at a few yard sales this morning. I bought a 10k necklace and earring set for $3. 14k necklace for $5.00 and at another sale bought a lia sophia necklace for $3 and a bag of mixed "junk" jewelry for .25. When I got home I pulled this pin out thinking ehh I may get $3.00 for it at flea market....turned it over and WHAM.... Plain as day 14k mark.
tyta4edy.jpg
pu7e7ygu.jpg
... Didn't weigh it yet but I'm thinking around 6-7 pennyweight.

On another note... Anyone recognize the makers mark?? This is the first "pin" or brooch I've had the pleasure of finding.

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5.05 Dwt. $175.00 at my 91% of melt.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice heavy find! My last gold find was 2 small Lions club pins. Nothing to write home about. Too busy working today. No sales for me.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold! Have you looked into the hallmark? Can't find my glasses...

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't make it out... Seems like hrm or frm or something.

blacksheep4289

Aug 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice score! Where do you sell to? I'd love to get anywhere close to 91% of melt. Atm I have a buyer for 70%...

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's sure home run! When I hit deals like that, I dance back to the truck with this song going threw my mind.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice score! Where do you sell to? I'd love to get anywhere close to 91% of melt. Atm I have a buyer for 70%...
If you do a lot of garage sales look for your local garage sale gold buyers. First know the values of the purities of your metals AND some of the higher end designer markings and styles. Let them know you will sell for 85% of melt value on the scrap price, take it or leave it. They're phonies or idiots if they don't take the deal. Never sell designer items for this price until you have investigated the hallmarks and artisan pieces.

The 85% is for gold scrap only, silver refinery prices have a far less payout so expect 80% of silver value by purity (or less) from a good local person.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting 81% for sterling scrap when I sell. It's been a while. Last week he was paying a .30 cent premium for misc. one ounce .999 rounds etc. I'm in buying mode for silver now not selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions