$250 in halves produced 2 40% and a 71s

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada
I went out looking for headphones for the tesoro, and stopped at a few banks along the way. I stopped at 3 different banks looking for loose halves as well as an additional source for ordering boxes. The first bank had 2 loose halves, and wouldn't order any boxes, regardless of whether I had an acount or not. The second bank was a no and a no. The third bank said they would order a box for me, and had $250 in rolls. I took the rolls, and ended up with a 1968d a 1966 and a 1971s (clad). I guess thats a proof? It was really shiny, and the edge seemed wider than a normal half. Slim pickings, but I guess 2 40's is better than no 40's!

Upvote 0

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Nice finds! Both on banks and silver :).

The 71s is a proof from what I understand. Be gentle with it, as it is ideally supposed to be in crisp perfect condition, and never touched.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your proof!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I just got my first Clad Proof today. When I CRH I first look at the sides then check all of the dates. I first saw the extra thick edge and thought it was a forign coin so I pulled it out and was suprised to find mi first proof. I had no idea that they were thicker.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread