Sometime you just wanna choke the teller!!!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a bank by my work where I ordered a box of half's. I asked if they came in and the guy said yea. I then asked if they had any additional half's, he said yea. This guy had the biggest attitude ever!!! I then asked how much, he said including mine they had $570. I said I will take them all. Then he said he was only gonna sell me $350 and if I want the rest I would have to come back in 2 weeks. I said I ordered the original box and that its mine. He said that others may want half's and that it isn't fair to the other customers if I got all of them. I said fine keep the $70 but I ordered the BOX for me, if others want them that they need to order them for themselves. He said nope that's not fair.

I then asked for the manager, he said that he was in charge. So I just took my $350 and said you guys are about to have a whole lot of half's coming your way, you just became my dump bank!!!

So anyways I checked the $350 out in the parking lot and no silver was to be found... But I did however find my first proof coin. It is a 1995s, it has some minor scratches but it still looks great. I then went right back in and said here is some half's for the others.

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The banks around here won't even change a $20 bill for you unless you have an account. I walked into a local bank and requested change for a twenty and the tellar was really rude. So I asked for the manager and she came over and I told her the problem and she threatened to call the police on me if I didn't leave! I was very polite too. I had opened an account there for three years straight for my little league baseball team I coached, and after the season I would close the account and take any money I had left and have a pizza party for the boys. Now I wish I had gone somewhere else to open my account. PMS? Beats me. M ::) nty

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
I hate people with bad attitudes. I would have asked the person who was behind the desk to see his credentials making him in charge. I also do not think I would have backed down, I ordered a box, and I will purchase it. Your arguement is spot on, and his is empty and bulldung.

Monty, I would have told that lady to call the police, as you did nothin wrong, and that you would like to file a report with them against her yourself :).

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
When I was in the Army, I learned about the chain of command.

If I ever ran across a bank teller that treated me rudely, and the manager wanted to act the same, I would make sure I would do everything possible to contact the parent organization and have them fired.

There is no excuse for that behavior. Customer service should be a priority.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if you have an account, many of the bigger city banks will charge you extra for doing business inside the bank. Go in most bank lobbies and there won't be anyone standing in line for service. Service don't exist any more in the banking business. Monty

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
Thanks. I needed that laugh....the way you stuck it to him at the end. Put someone behind a counter and they think that they are God !

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
TreasureFiend said:
I went to a bank by my work where I ordered a box of half's. I asked if they came in and the guy said yea. I then asked if they had any additional half's, he said yea. This guy had the biggest attitude ever!!! I then asked how much, he said including mine they had $570. I said I will take them all. Then he said he was only gonna sell me $350 and if I want the rest I would have to come back in 2 weeks. I said I ordered the original box and that its mine. He said that others may want half's and that it isn't fair to the other customers if I got all of them. I said fine keep the $70 but I ordered the BOX for me, if others want them that they need to order them for themselves. He said nope that's not fair.

I then asked for the manager, he said that he was in charge. So I just took my $350 and said you guys are about to have a whole lot of half's coming your way, you just became my dump bank!!!

So anyways I checked the $350 out in the parking lot and no silver was to be found... But I did however find my first proof coin. It is a 1995s, it has some minor scratches but it still looks great. I then went right back in and said here is some half's for the others.

Funny

However if your intent was to continue to order boxes from this bank you should have let them know up front.

When you went in to pick up your order and he said he would only sell you half you should have let him know your intentions.

Like this maybe.

"Well I plan on picking up boxes of coins every week... And I would like this to be automatic in your weekly order"

"Or I would like to be put in the loop and keep a standing order running as my intention is to purchase $500 worth every week! Oh and I will not return them to you..... And if you want to order additional rolls for other coustemers. I will purchase any of those that are not bought up."
"In effect I want to be the guy that buys all your junk, any Half dollar coins or large dollar coins that come into your bank I want you to call me and I will come down here and buy them all whenever you get them, anytime!."

Should work for you cause it works for me. Especially if you have an account with them.

By the way you should go back and find out if there is a different manager cause most banks have more than one..... But remember be nice if you want to get coins from them . They are not in the buisness to provide coins to Coin Roll Hunters.

And if all this fails than dump em all on them.......

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread