2nd days finds

poco

Jun 24, 2006
New York
2nd day's finds

Howdy,
It's my second day with my detector I just got for my birthday, the Discovery 3300.. Went to the park again and a school.
Also went to the beach, but didn't like it as much as the park for some reason.. Found some decent stuff today, a shotgun shell
primer cap thingy, a fired blank round from a gun, not sure of the caliber but it's from a rifle, some iron ring, a little old toy car from maybe
the 70's, 2 live firecrackers haha, $1.17 in clad, and a gold? necklace that says "germany" on the clasp part.. Not too bad for my
2nd day.. The gold necklace was more of an eye find than a metal detecting find, because it was right near where I was digging under
some leaves.. it didn't actually register.

Attachments

• finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 263
  • finds2.jpg
    finds2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 265
Upvote 0

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA
Re: 2nd day's finds

Nice finds! I love that little car. I used to have a larger version of the same one. Good luck, and keep swinging!
Oh, and Happy Birthday!

OP
OP
P

poco

Jun 24, 2006
New York

haha thanks.. I fogot to mention that 3 nickels were found in the same hole which was exciting.. I can't
wait to get my first wheat and my first silver and gold.. so exciting. The car is a "Tootsietoy" dune buggy
in case you were wondering. ;D

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hey the shotgun shell could be old. sometimes they wash up on a beach from a long way away during a storm. i got one on a moder beach that i dated to the 20's! research it, someone on here has a good like for those.

HH
-GC

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina

poco congrats on finds, our eyes can be the most powerful locator.now about the necklace, I suspect that it could be real looking at the type of clasp it has on it. that chain has small links. Put your machine in all metal and see if you get a signal
keep us posted
dave+bobbie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions