Lucys first finds!

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA
Lucy's first finds!

I think "the Bug" has bitten my dear wife Lucy. We were at her parents' house (The Farm, with the old schoolyard) and she decided to help me search. I gave her the Viper, showed her how to swing it, and said if it beeps, point and I'll dig. This was the very first thing she found! It was getting dark, but we stayed out long enough to dig all of these plow horse harness parts out of a hole about 2 feet across. She's hooked!
The other thing is a soap dish, probably from the school. I found it, and a few nails. Lucy hit the big stuff!
Lizard Queen, Mighty AP, am I in for trouble?

Attachments

• harness1.jpg
    harness1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 410
  • soapdish1.jpg
    soapdish1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 404
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Lucy's first finds!

Thats all we need.....more compitition! Great finds

HH
-GC

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

LQ says "not at all"................I, however, think you are in trouble! These gals seem to have a six sense for this stuff. Its like they can smell the goodies, gets em pointed in the right direction. Im convinced, look at Bobbies finds, Gypsies, Nana's, Mona Lisa's finds just to name a few. I for one wouldnt stand a chance against ANY of the women on this forum in a head to head hunt. LQ is learning fast, I barely keep up now, as time goes by she will leave me in the dust! All we can do Ratracer is encourage our better halves, try to smile when she pulls that 14k ring out of the dirt & try to learn from them. The seed has been planted, now try to prepare yourself for the enevitable slaughter, the many thrashings & endless embarassment you will endure as Lucy posts finds of gold jewelry & silver coins & tells us "Ratracer found 3 nails, 6 pulltabs & 1 zinc penny..............I beleive it was a 1994." You will learn to smile & accept defeat as I am doing. FYI..........buying her a cheaper machine wont work, these women seem to master any detector they get their hands on, smoke ya with an Ace250 or a DFX! Good luck Ratracer, you're in for hard times! lol ;D

Attachments

• B.jpg
    B.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 320
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 324

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Go Lucy!!!! :D You are looking at your cup half empty RR? :D You now have a hunting buddy! You should be glad!.....Right Lucy?! :D

Congrats on your finds and good luck on your next outing!

Nana ;)

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina

congrats to lucy on her first finds and trust me racer, there is nothing like having your spouse as your hunting buddy as it will open all kinds of possibilities to hunt
hh
dave+bobbie

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Way to go on those finds Lucy...Silver ,gold and diamonds are next...

AP ...You want to know the best thing...Nana,Mona Lisa and I are all raising the next generation of Women treasure hunters.....hahahahahaha....you guys dont have a chance!

Attachments

• Chey\'s BEN FRANKLIN  32606[2].jpg
    Chey\'s BEN FRANKLIN 32606[2].jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 272

nybuford

Jan 16, 2006

RR... congrats to Lucy on her first finds.. and WTG to you for getting her hooked on the hobby!
Bu

OP
OP
RatRacer

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA

I'm very glad Lucy is interested in MDing. It sounds cliched, but I married my best friend. We really enjoy doing things together. She's very excited to see what we dig up at her parents' farm. I think she'll do better than me! We'll keep you posted on the race between the Rat and the Sheep!
From both of us, to all of you, thanks for the support and encouragement! Keep searching!

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

Seriously RR, I joke about our (LQ & mine) competition but her interest in this hobby/obsession is one of the coolest things, Im never happier or prouder than when she kicks my butt by pulling something cool out of the ground. And she bugs me about going out hunting all the time, I dont have to feel guilty about leaving her at home while I persue the goodies because she always goes with me. Although she gets a little ticked when she wakes up around 10:00AM on Saturday morning to find Ive been hunting since 6:00! Nurture her interest RR, work with her a while then turn her loose & enjoy the company! :D

OP
OP
RatRacer

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA

Hey, Gypsy, that pic of your daughter is priceless! Tell her, great find and keep bringing 'em out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread