2nd One in 37 years

Lee43

Oct 29, 2006
East central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
2nd One In 37 Years 09/30/2008 21:25 Karma: 8
As I was going home last evening I saw that one of our new fields had the beans out, I called Larry and told him and so today we went to check it. We found the the house site, saw pottery shards, glass etc. and we started finding the usual house site "junk" a while into the hunt I got a decent signal and out popped a nice 1871 2 cent piece, a little more rarer date and I was happy with that, a little while later Larry got and Indian, not sure of the date, later in the day I got a very nice signal, Larry checked it and said if there ever was a good coin signal that was it, as I dug out the dirt I saw the coin in the bottom of the hole and I said to larry that it was another 2 cent piece, he picked it up and said that it didn't look like a 2 center, as I looked a little closer I saw the reverse and it said Half Cent, the date is 1850...It is only the second half cent I have ever dug in 37 years of MDing and the first one came last year at one of Jim's sites. It really made my day. We both got misc. brass items, I ended up with 5 flat buttoms, 3 have Back Marks, the piece in the center below the buttons has some entwined latters that I have not figured out yet. Thanks for looking.............Lee

Attachments

• 930a.jpg
    930a.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 891
  • 930c.jpg
    930c.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 859
  • 930b.jpg
    930b.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 863
  • 930d.jpg
    930d.jpg