2nd trip to the beach yields silver and another gold

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caught the negative tide yesterday afternoon. For the first time in a long time, I actually saw some cuts... Hit some clad (including a wheatie), junk jewelry, a tiny little silver bracelet (for a baby?), the smallest silver cross I've ever seen and a very nice gold ring :)

Lot's of "greenies"
beachclad.jpg

Ah, if only all of this was real stuff :)
beachjunk.jpg

Pretty tiny little bracelet
925heartbracelet.jpg

Under the loop I could see the 925
clasp925.jpg

How's this for a small silver cross? Must have been a charm...
smallcross.jpg

Then all my work paid off :) Found this beautiful ring (my wife claimed this one :) )
ring.jpg

Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice!!!!!!!!!

HH
-GC

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Saw the ring and said "OH WOW". Really nice ring Joe, congrats to you it's a beauty I can see why your wife claimed it wtg :thumbsup:
Glenn

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW man this one is beautiful.Congrats for the gold and silver. :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:

P

Pentico

Re: My son's find (cache?)

Fantastic day for you and the wife!
Congrads!
Chris & LeeAnn

OP
OP
Joe G

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detectingfreak said:
Nice job on the gold ring with the big diamond! :thumbsup:
It's an Aquamarine I think... the 4 smaller stones on either side appear to be diamonds

Brendan M.

Apr 14, 2006
Warrensburg, New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Bullseye II pinpointer, Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!!!!!! NICE ring!!!!

You're going to have to take me hunting at the beach sometime. If I could find a goodie like that, I think my wife would be a lot happier about all my hours in the field.... You are a smart, smart man!

Talk to you soon bud.

Cheers and HH,
Brendan

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Wow, Joe, awesome ring there!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrats on a fantastic beach hunt!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds,

They love to claim the rings. I have no problem with it. Gets me a few days peace.

HH Jer

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Congrats on that ring Joe. It has been an excellent past few days for you at the beach. The ring is a beauty........so long as none of these finds bring about a heart attack, keep at it buddy! :)

anteater

Dec 2, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Beach Magnet, Compass Magnum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You posted the BEST pictures that I have even seen on Treasurenet! I would love to know what kind of camera you use and how you got such great magnification! Wow.

OP
OP
Joe G

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anteater said:
You posted the BEST pictures that I have even seen on Treasurenet! I would love to know what kind of camera you use and how you got such great magnification! Wow.

LOL! Thanks for the compliment. (there are others out there that take some really nice shots... I was simply inspired by them)

The ring was a tough one for me to get a good pic of. Had to do a lot of playing with the lighting in order to bring out the aquamarine color and gold... I have a LUMIX FZ7 with 6 mp but basically I think most cams can take nice pics nowadays. I do however sometimes play with editing in Photoshop and adjust lighting and color; depends. (Photo editing software, even free stuff can do basically the same thing) Sometimes I use a little lighting effects too or some effects that Photobucket offers now. As far as "magnification" is concerned, it's really pretty easy. Put your cam in macro mode and shoot at the highest quality you can; don't try to get too close to your subject; there's limits on every lens with respect to how close you can get. A tripod is a must. Also use your camera's timer function (to reduce the chance of shaking the camera by pressing the shutter). For lighting, I use real cheap aluminum clip-on fixtures with 60 to 100W full spectrum fluorescent (spiral) bulbs. Make sure your "white balance" setting on your camera set properly for the type of lighting you're using. I put "Press and Seal" wrap over the fixture(s) to diffuse the light a bit. Sometime I use a cut 2 1/2 gallon plastic water jug (I cut it in half) and put a hole in the top big enough to fit the camera lens. Works well to diffuse the light when shooting silver coins and such. (and it's cheap :) )

When I first open the pic, they are usually shown at 33% because a 6mp shot is VERY large. I simply crop the pic and then view at 50% or 66%. It automatically "magnifies" the pic. If you look at the pic I posted of the silver heart bracelet and the "magnified" shot of the "925 on the clasp, those are from the same exact shot. One is at 33% (the whole pic) but the clasp was cropped and then viewed at 66%)I then save the pic and use Photobucket as my photo hosting site (I highly recommend them).

Takes a little practice but at least there's no film to waste :) It's really not difficult at all...

Hope that helps!

OP
OP
Joe G

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magic Fingers said:
smart wife...hehehe

I have aquamarine earrings that would go well.

Believe it or not, last August I found a 14K with 60 diamonds (1.2 carats). My wife didn't want to wear it because she "felt sorry" for the person who lost it. When I showed her this ring, she said, "Awwww" (for the person) and added, "but I'll get over it" as she tried it on :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread