2nd try, a little better.

L

Lippy86

Another night where my insomnia got the better of me. I rolled over to find the sun starting to peak over the trees. Headed down to a city park that had a small beach. Nothing doing on the beach but i did find many more coins than my first outing. Nothing worth writing home about though. The oldest was a 1974 penny. In all I found 16 pennies 2 dimes and 3 quarters. I had a blast and got in some good practice. This weekend I have some OLD OLD abandoned houses up around my parents house, gonna see if i can't give them a crack!

Lippy

Upvote 0

JRich98150

May 29, 2007
Middleburg, Florida 32068
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Lippy, keep on looking and you'll find some good ones. When I started out around 1970 I loved those early morning hunts. It seemed like when the dew was on a patch of nice low grass you could really get much better signals with headphones on and they usually payed out with some nice coins. I still prefer hunting a grassy area in the early morning when the grass is wet or just after a short brief shower. Except for my hands getting a bit more dirty and the dirt being a bit harder to get off my hands since I just used my pants for a hand towel. Besides it's cooler weatherwise. Glad to hear your enjoying your detector..........3rd times a charm!!!!!!!! Good luck!!

JRich

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you get more each time you go. As you gain experience and learn your machine, the goodies will come

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
You're getting better. I like those mornings with dew on the ground because you can see where you just came from, and cover the area better.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah keep at it. Nothing better than hunting in the early morning. I do that a lot, not so darn hot and no one is around to bother you.

HH, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread