Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I just bought myself a Deus. In early Sept I got one which was supposed to be for my wife but in the process of trying to learn it for her... lol

Today we went out to a couple virgin home sites but after just 3 hours of hunting my shoulder is on fire. Too old to take that heavy CTX so that thing is hitting ebay.

Ebay will get about 10% of your selling price plus there are Paypal fees. The only problem with selling on here is that folks will generally want a really good deal, sometimes too good.

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah, i hate ebay fees but over the years I sold prob 6 or 7 various metal detectors there. Never thought about selling it here. Is that ok to do???

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love the sounds of a Minelab, how much are you going to ask on Ebay?

Thats what I'll miss is the tones. I was going to sell what i have as a package but dont need to I guess. In addition I have the 6" coil, xtra lower rod and the pro-swing harness. PM me if serious. Thanks

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Each Deus is paired with its components, so there shouldn't be a problem running two of them. You can even run detectors if you have two coils with the WS4 and remote separated from what I have read.

You have to become a charter member to sell on here. It costs $25 a year which isn't bad. You can also list on Treasure Classifieds.

I would love to have a extra lower rod for the CTX, but $175 for a new one is outrageous.

Last edited:

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey CP..Happy New year..
Just to let you know, I was out on Tuesday to a old site that i pounded with my deus in a bunch of programs.
So i decided to run the CTX..If you seen my post Tuesday night, I pulled alot more from there the dues couldn't see because they were 2 deep for the XP..
The CTX is deeper..I definitely know what you mean about my arm falling off..lol.
But i just moved real slow..
Im sure u already know this.
But think about it..If you dont need the money, Id keep it..
George

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey CP..Happy New year..
Just to let you know, I was out on Tuesday to a old site that i pounded with my deus in a bunch of programs.
So i decided to run the CTX..If you seen my post Tuesday night, I pulled alot more from there the dues couldn't see because they were 2 deep for the XP..
The CTX is deeper..I definitely know what you mean about my arm falling off..lol.
But i just moved real slow..
Im sure u already know this.
But think about it..If you dont need the money, Id keep it..
George

Happy New Year Vino.

Yeah, maybe you are right. I have pulled some amazingly deep stuff out with the Deus and the 13" coil though. Ordered the new Deus with the 11" coil. Will see what it can do. The deepest stuff I ever dug was with an Explorer but it stunk in high iron. Truth is I havent had the CTX very long but the weight...ugh. Anyway, I do have the pro swing and it works but its just one more reason to use the Deus instead.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I just bought myself a Deus. In early Sept I got one which was supposed to be for my wife but in the process of trying to learn it for her... lol

Today we went out to a couple virgin home sites but after just 3 hours of hunting my shoulder is on fire. Too old to take that heavy CTX so that thing is hitting ebay.

Congrats on the new XP DEUS Metal Detector.

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Bart. Got my Deus w/ 11" coil a few hours ago. Thanks again! Already saved my custom programs into the remote and ready to roll for Monday. Feels nearly the same as swinging my 13".

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1st day out with this Deus was pretty good. Got 6 coins 1853 - 1906 but no silver. Should be a piece of silver there so headed back tomorrow. Will make a post after the hunt tomorrow.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1st day out with this Deus was pretty good. Got 6 coins 1853 - 1906 but no silver. Should be a piece of silver there so headed back tomorrow. Will make a post after the hunt tomorrow.

Great! Let us know!

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
2nd day out great too. 5 more coins 1859 - 1905. Still no silver! lol

Too tired to post pics. Will hit this site one more time to try for a silver 1st.

Last edited:

Hauptmann aD

Greenie
Jul 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??? Is there an issue with owning 2 Deus machines? Hope not.

If you use the same remote control for both keep out of range distance between the units.
My wife once complained about the strange signals with no targets on her very first beach detecting (and detecting at all).

Figured out later, that switching the remote back to my machine also switched her headphones back to my machine.

No it was not intended no :violent1: autsch

Well, since that time I am detecting alone again ...

Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread