wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I got out for 1.5 hours today, but it was a little choppy so only the very shallow area was available to hunt. I did manage to find 2 pottery sheards,2 fishing lures,4 sinkers,4 golf balls,an iron bolt,and lots of can slaw. I came home to find my cameras card reader is not working. the computer says it does not recognize the device . I tried running the setup disc again but no use. I'll fool with it in the morning.

happy hunting to all.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
wwwtimmcp

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
tom, I found a live 12ga, shotgun shell today. how good would that fix the little problem ?

tomjiggy

Sep 18, 2010
It will only complicate matters...lol. Means you'd have to go out and buy another one...

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
try replacing your camera batteries? with the camera connected with new batteries... you could try removing the card reader in device manager before unplugging it - then unplug it and hope windows sees it and loads the right drivers for it - another idea would be to look in to getting another USB card reader and hoping that just the cable for your camera is in issue- pop the card out of your camera and in to the new USB connected card reader (sold at best buy for like $20)...this time of year when it's dry (winter time) things get shocked and stop working due to getting fried/shocked by static electricity. happens all the time, ruins a lot of stuff too.

- I'm one of those 'puter geeks too. some phones also have cards that are interchangeable with the camera- so you might be able to pop the card in and email the image to your email address. if your phone will accept the card with out wanting to format it. worth a try...and man I totally agree computers are annoying when they just won't work... :BangHead: -but to me they are fun to fix when they are broken...

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead: electronics......yuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread