A Walker went to the BBQ (Video) -- 3/1/12

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Hi,
I had a great hunt today (unlike one last week which was tick infested). I found 5 wheat (19, 29, 39, 41 x 2); a walking liberty half ('41) and a Barber Quarter ('07). It was both my 2nd walker and 2nd bbq on the year.

Video:
[youtube=425,350]vo-QgA7ZPpQ[/youtube]

IMG_2854.jpg
IMG_2855.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2854.jpg
    IMG_2854.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 640
  • IMG_2855.jpg
    IMG_2855.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 636
Upvote 0

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
great silver finds. :icon_thumright:

I'm still only finding clad... ug... :BangHead:

both of these are on my list... :laughing7:

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say you had a great hunt those 2 coins are 2 of my favorites Congrats on 2 sweet looking coins :notworthy:

turf_aholic

May 5, 2009
PNW
Major congrats on your finds!!!!!!

2 quick questions...

Why do you think the Walker was coming in so weak?

Also the gloves look perfect for MD'ing... Where did you get them??

Thanks and well done!

OP
OP
p2c

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
turf_aholic said:
Major congrats on your finds!!!!!!

2 quick questions...

Why do you think the Walker was coming in so weak?

Also the gloves look perfect for MD'ing... Where did you get them??

Thanks and well done!

As to the walker, I don't know. I actually was surprised that the quarter came up as strong as it did, more so than the Walker being weak. This was right on a foot path and I was getting a lot of iron falses along the way, so it is conceivable that there was some nearby iron in the soil. I dug a Barber half last year at that same depth - the 8 inch range, and it came in weak like that as well.

As to the gloves, I bought a packet of 5 pair on sale from Home Depo about a year ago. I haven't seen them recently, but haven't been looking either. I generally also wear a pair of disposable latex gloves under these gloves, it keeps my hands clean and dry especially in the winter months when everything here gets really muddy.

turf_aholic

May 5, 2009
PNW
As to the walker, I don't know. I actually was surprised that the quarter came up as strong as it did, more so than the Walker being weak. This was right on a foot path and I was getting a lot of iron falses along the way, so it is conceivable that there was some nearby iron in the soil. I dug a Barber half last year at that same depth - the 8 inch range, and it came in weak like that as well.

As to the gloves, I bought a packet of 5 pair on sale from Home Depo about a year ago. I haven't seen them recently, but haven't been looking either. I generally also wear a pair of disposable latex gloves under these gloves, it keeps my hands clean and dry especially in the winter months when everything here gets really muddy.

Thank you for the fast reply.

And yes-makes perfect sense on the nearby iron partially masking the Walker.
HH in 2012.

Peter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread