wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I got out for 2 hours today and found another awl, these were used as trade goods to the indians for fur pelts. a knife handle(looks like a table knife),1 sinker,1 bobber,an odd "T" handle, and a lot more barbed wire.

31711beachfindsawlknife.jpg

happy hunting to awl

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!! Now that's some awesome old relics!! :o Way to go, WWW!

Nana :)

OP
OP
wwwtimmcp

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
hi nana,
according to the book indian trade goods and relics, this was the prized posession of an indian woman.
these made sewing heavy hides much easier and were used for many tasks. they could be hammered into a tree to hold lines or dry clothes,drill holes,digging,crack shells or nuts. both ends were sharp so they would make a bone or wooden handle on one end to make it easier and safer to use. as the author put it, these were the original cordless drills.

happy hunting

OP
OP
wwwtimmcp

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
thanks gold diver, I appreciate the help. I wonder how far back this thing could go ? maybe colonial era ?

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wwwtimmcp said:
thanks gold diver, I appreciate the help. I wonder how far back this thing could go ? maybe colonial era ?

I'm no hoof pick expert but yours looks like the style that was used in the Civil War times. Maybe a bit earlier like 1820's or 30's

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread