SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I've been getting out a few hours after work each night to some local fields. I posted all my finds from the colonial field and tonight I tried out a new field in the same town. Dug my very first NJ copper and a few buttons. One of which I thought was a gold coin because off all the gilt. The NJ looks like it was double stamped at the press and nearly clipped the coin in half. I believe it is a Serpant Head variety 1787. Im wondering if this clipping ,or nearly a clipping, of this coin is rare? Calling Don H... ;D
P3170325.jpg

P3170327.jpg

P3170329.jpg

P3170330.jpg

P3170326.jpg

P3170328.jpg

Upvote 0

fir469

Dec 18, 2007
Holy crow Jim!! That NJ is a beaut!! Actually have full details opposed to my pieces of toast haha. Killer find man, my phone is down right now but look forward to hearing details!! Truly a year to remember this one is, The crew seems unstoppable this year!!

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
bookfisher said:
Wow, what a cool and interesting looking New Jersey Copper. I'd like to find one of those on Long Island.

I would not mind digging any NJ copper!

czoom

Feb 11, 2011
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Garrett ACE 250
Yeah NJ and PA, MI ect all have better stuff than CA. Too much normal clad where I live.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an Awesome copper you got there Jim Congrats!! :occasion14: :wink:

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going Jim, funny, a lot of us who find a NJ think they might have a Serpent Head type, but no, yours is not a Serpent Head, they are scarce and in my survey very few have been ID'd as such. You found one of the most common varieties and I believe the variety I have found the most of, I will let it slide for now on the ID in case you want to get the ID yourself, if not, I will say what it is if you want to know sooner than later.
PM me with the county if you would for the survey, thanks.

Don

Hint on ID - My Avatar :D ( My first NJ I found and it is a nice one, and of course from sugar sand)

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You are having a year that will never be forgotten, Jim. It is nice to see the Colonial bug take over your soul. ;D Go get some more now!

Kirk :hello:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking copper. :icon_thumright:

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only error it could be would be a planchet cutter error. I am not convinced it is though, it may just be damaged.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread