3 Boxes for me :)

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello,

My first box of many half boxes came in Wednsday from the bank. Looking forward to getting them in reguarly, as I am just beginning with ordering. I rushed home, and searched it to find 2 shiny coins :). 1 90% and 1 40%.

Today, I was off work early, and did a little bank hopping. I asked the wife to call a certain bank after checking a few, since I didnt want to drive over there without hope of halfs. While she was calling, I dumbed the halves from the first box. Went outside, and when she called, she informed me they did indeed have halves! She had not asked how many, so wondering what awaited me, off I sped. (last time we called there for halves, they gave them to someone else while we were on the way).

I arrived at the bank to find a small line - rare and refreshing for this bank. I asked the teller about the halves I was told were there, and she seemed confused. She called the back, and her reaction was priceless. "Do We have half dollar coins? We do? How did we get that many?!? You can do that?? Let me ask."

She told me they had $2000 in halves!! I almost fell over. Apparently they ordered some because someone was asking for them frequently. I started countin my funds - I was completly unprepared for this. Managed toscrape up $1000. She wound up finding out there were 2000 coins, so only $1000 - which I gladly took home. The icing on the cake was that I talked to the vault manager, and found out that they can order boxes for me on a weekly basis!!! I have been told many times at this bank that this is not possible, so I am STOKED!! He has to double check with his manager, and will call me back. Man I hope they can do this :).

I had about an hour and a half before the bank closed, so I drove to another branch of the same bank(no dumping at such a nice source bank :)), and sorted coins in the parking lot until They were about to close. The first box was great! Spotted a 1968 on an end roll right off the bat :). After that box, I had 18 40% halves staring at me!!

I did not manage to get all of the halves done in time, but I finished them at home. The second box was almost as good as the first. 17 silver!! But one of thewm is a 1936 Walker!!! When I opened that roll, I noticed silver right off the bat(which was odd since it was dark, and I couldnt edge check.) I saw it was worn, and seemed to move in slow motion to discover its identity. When I saw that big bold eagle starin at me, I was STOKED!! In addition to the silver, I found a 2004p. I have been led to understand this is one to keep, or should I chuck it? Not familiar with the value of NIFC coins - anyone have any idea? Thanks.

So in the last couple days I have 1 walker, 1 90%, and 35 40%. My best haul yet! :) I think I am taking a box of donuts the next time I head to the new ordering bank. They were super nice, and very willing to hook me up :).

Happy hunting,
Anthony

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job bud, congrats on the walker!!! :thumbsup:

LOL - So your the guy at is poachin other's boxes!!!! :tongue3:

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Great Finds!!!! I wish my boxes of halves would produce, 11 skunks so far... As for the NIFC's I am not sure if they are worth much, but I keep them all figured its great for sets and I would have to buy them later from a dealer. Getting anything different at face value is always good.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread