have a seat lady!

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
been a bad week for old fiddy. countless boxes and only a couple of rosies to show for my efforts. dumped some rejects this afternoon and picked up 3 boxes of dimes. figured my luck just might turn.

and turn it did. the first bling out of the box was this 1875 seated liberty! woooohooooooo!!! three dimes down the roll...a '56 rosie. not a bad start!!! sadly, the rest of the box was skunk. oh well. still a danged good box.

2nd and 3rd boxes each had a lil' bit o' bling. ended up with 5 total....4 rosies and that lovely lil' lady!

still can't believe i found one. that's the second seated liberty i've found this year. the first was an 1858-O seated liberty half dollar.

who'da thunk it?

Attachments

• 100_3470.JPG
    100_3470.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 493
Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Still have not found one of those. My oldest was a 1906 Barber half. Good job on those finds.

-Golden Silver

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Nice score :thumbsup:. Good work on the dimes. Maybe I'll have to hit the boxes, I've only concentrated on the hand rolled for dimes.

Maine_Jim

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Seated Liberty dime!!!! Geezum Peeks!! That is a great find there fiddycent man....great find. Congrats. And you found a Seated Liberty half dollar this year too.... :o...alright, what's the secret???? Hey, have you ever thought about searching quarters and dollars....ha!

Kudos dude!! Keep em coming.............

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely a WOW find. Nice going! You beat my oldest by 23 years.

LJ, can we get a definition of "GEEZUM PEEKS"? Never came across that phrase.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Immy said:
Definitely a WOW find. Nice going! You beat my oldest by 23 years.
LJ, can we get a definition of "GEEZUM PEEKS"? Never came across that phrase.

You have never heard of "Geezum Peeks"? I am probably not spelling it correctly but it sounds like I spelled it....lol. It is along the same lines as "Holy Mackerel" or "OMG" or "Good Gosh" or "Holy Smokes"....you get the point.

By the way....FiddyCent is my brother-in-law who got started CRH'ing at the beginning of the year. He has done quite well with it too.....took to it like a fish to water......stay out of my area FiddyCent man....grrrr...lol......just kidding.....he knows that. Congrats again B-I-L.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions