3 hour hunt nets 3 silver rings.

Metal Militia

May 17, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 & Garrett Pro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hunted a football practice field at the old high school. Found some clad. Oldest coin was 1947 nickel. Dug most of the typical trash, but quite a few snaps for football helmets. Found 3 silver rings, all marked 925. The ring with stones almost made me do back flips when I saw it had marks. :love10:, but it turns out it's marked 925 cz. The rings are bent some, but I'm not complaining.
photo (3).JPGphoto (1).JPGphoto (2).JPG
Any of you folks know how to straighten out bent rings?

Well thanks for looking. Best of luck on all your hunts. Happy 4th :occasion14:

Upvote 8
Love finding rings I have a few but all mine are bent and missing stones or the stones are junk but all mine are silver so far this year.

One for each hour, cant beat that with a stick. nice haul!I would imagine them stones are probably real.

Nice haul 3 rings is great! Congrats!
You did better than I did.
In one of the other forums..maybe beach and shallow water(?) on one of the threads they were talking about straightening a ring. It's some kind if jeweler s tool long slender cone shaped thing.

A steel ring mandrel will help you straighten out the rings. You can find one on Amazon for about ten bucks.

Last edited:
One for each hour, cant beat that with a stick. nice haul!I would imagine them stones are probably real.

Thanks. Unfortunately marked CZ

I'll order a steel ring mandrel. Thanks 8-)

A raw hide mallet and a steel ring mandrel are the only tools needed to straighten out your rings (hard plastic mallet works fine too )

Those are some nice rings right there !!! Three in a day would make my year.

nice rings!!

took mine to one of the local pawn shops and he straighten it out for free just talking about the find. oh yeah, great silver!

Nice! Three silver rings in one day would be a phenomenal hunt out here! If you get even one its a great hunt.

I'm happy when I find one ring! Happy, Happy,Happy for you!, Congrats

Three silvers = a super hunt ! Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back