Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We still have 6” of snow and frozen so I went south to the army post where I work. Found a place between buildings that was thawed for the most part. Dug this 1911 French 10 Centime coin and a Prussian military button from the late 1800s to early 1900s. Then I went to where the youth center used to be, it is still fenced in but they had the gates open. I thought this was going to be a clad mine but only dug 1 quarter, 5 dimes and 6 pennies, none were wheats and a 50 Eurocent coin. Most of that field was frozen and the targets were hit and miss as to digging them. Obverse of the French coin and Prussian button.
28Feb09CoinButO.jpg

Reverse. Detected for around 3 hours and was great to be out. HH, Mike
28Feb09CoinButR.jpg

Upvote 0

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Mike. It's been warm here until I got home today after being gone 6 weeks. Now it's only in the 20's. :-\

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you stationed in Germany? I was there in the late 60's, in Baumholder. That would be an awesome place to hunt. Several old German rock barracks, and many parade/practice fields, dating back to the early 1900's. Have you gone THing in any other country other than Germany? If you are in Bavaria, then Switzerland isn't too far away. Might be some interesting sites along some of the old hiking paths. Good luck.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH, pick a spot....any 'ole spot'll do. :D ...........Like I said before, you can find the good stuff anywhere YOU go! :icon_pirat:

Super finds, Mike!

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome button mike and thanks for sharing

t.p