3 Hunts in one night....and Mastereagle stayed for all of them.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Went out with Mastereagle to hit some spots the other night. The place we really wanted to go we only go after dark. We don't like to advertise the spot and we can slip in at dark. We HAVE PERMISSION...but we don't want to share the place since it's on a busy road. :icon_thumleft:

We hit three places and found a few things, but nothing to compare to some of the banner finds that have been popping up on here lately. Be easy with us. :'(

The first place we went is a notorius Civil War Camp...now a residence. I found a lock right away. How in the heck have we missed this all these times vacuuming this place! ::)
Also found an old military casing, a brass washer (Civil War I believe) and a mystery piece of brass or copper with crimping along the edge. It is pictured at the top of the first photo....I don't know if this is something Civil War related. If you think you know what it is, be sure to post what it is. Check out the old fork too...I don't think it is old enough to be CW period.

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

Next place we went was a bit of a disappointment for me...although Mastereagle found a cool Hubley toy gun circa 1950.
I did manage to find an old piece of jewelry and a hot wheels car. Oh well.....on to our cloak and dagger place. :icon_pirat:

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

Darkness found us at our old secret place. After hunting about a half hour, I was wondering if I should change coils from my 6" to my stock coil when all of a sudden, I get a high nickel signal. Being that we were in an older yard, I started digging. I broke apart the dirt clod and out rolls this ring. I was amped!!! I thought I had my first gold class ring. My enthusiasm was tempered a bit when I realized it was a gold filled girl scout ring. I was still very happy.
I followed it up with a copper foil disk that says "Fun Pac" prophylactic....Akron O.
Finally, I found a yellow taxi cab toy car and 3 wheats from the 1940's. Not a bad night.

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

Good Luck Hunting my T-Net friends. :hello:

Baldingboy

Upvote 0

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mastereagle22 said:
Well BB mostly got it right (must be back on his meds ::)) He was the one crying, and for several reasons.

When I dug the cap gun he started stomping his foot saying "it's mine and I want it back now"

Then at the CW camp site the neighbor was out and he kept saying that she was a Civil War relic and kept trying to put her in his pouch ( I can't say that I blame him on that one though.

Two silver dimes and 8 wheats that I found and BB was whining that all he found was a dumb 'ol Girlscout ring so I reached into the back of my car, opened the cooler and tossed him the block of cheddar I was carrying to go with his whine.

We had a good time, not much in the way of good finds but still lots of fun.

My hunt post is here if anyone wants to read about it:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,334855.0/topicseen.html

LmAo! pic-laser hair removal-now thats hilarious! no need to worry about getting a computer virus there.
great stuff!

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Cameo and ring :thumbsup:

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I was reading all this when the yellow bikini distracted me,, so Great finds , and Im gonna have to check out the pics agien.

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
TEXAN Connection said:
I was reading all this when the yellow bikini distracted me,, so Great finds , and Im gonna have to check out the pics agien.
HISPAN said:
Nice Cameo and ring :thumbsup:
lumpsums said:
mastereagle22 said:
Well BB mostly got it right (must be back on his meds ::)) He was the one crying, and for several reasons.

When I dug the cap gun he started stomping his foot saying "it's mine and I want it back now"

Then at the CW camp site the neighbor was out and he kept saying that she was a Civil War relic and kept trying to put her in his pouch ( I can't say that I blame him on that one though.

Two silver dimes and 8 wheats that I found and BB was whining that all he found was a dumb 'ol Girlscout ring so I reached into the back of my car, opened the cooler and tossed him the block of cheddar I was carrying to go with his whine.

We had a good time, not much in the way of good finds but still lots of fun.

My hunt post is here if anyone wants to read about it:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,334855.0/topicseen.html

LmAo! pic-laser hair removal-now thats hilarious! no need to worry about getting a computer virus there.
great stuff!
Tattooguy67 said:
You guys should do an act on stage! Looks like you found some neat stuff, those rubber tins are an interesting piece of history, and do you have any idea as to what that piece of jewelry is in the fifth pic? let me know and thanks HH!
Chuck.
Tuberale said:
Very enjoyable thread, guys. Nice ... um ... finds, too, if a little unexpected. :laughing7: :laughing7:
ProPointer said:
Good deal, I try to find a quarter every single hunt. I have been successful so far. Nice job!
Wldbil said:
Great Finds and I love the banter in the post with you guys :laughing7:
Albert~ Don't be staring at my wife! :laughing7:

HISPAN~ Yeah, I love the ring. Thanks!

lumpsums~ You want to see something hilarious, you should see Mastereagle detecting and talking on the cell to his wife at the same time. He looks like a Moose with a fly in his ear.

Tattooguy67~ Yeah, I figure that prophylactic tin was something my great grandfather dropped there while breaking in the site. :wink: At first I agreed with Mental Granny that it was a watch...but I think it is a decorative piece that was on a bracelet that maybe had a stone in the center that fell out. I believe it is just junk jewelry.

Tuberale~ Yeah, it's a wonder we ever find anything with all the fighting we do. All the finds tho...the good bad and ugly. LOL.

ProPointer~ I just try not to get skunked all together. We hunt a lot of older yards and quarters are kinda hard to come by in old yards....people then didn't have/loose too much money.

Wldbil~ Mastereagle often throws dirt clods at me and then pretends to be digging when I look his way. I think I am about 3 dirt clods down in the nightly games right now. You should watch us out one night. It always surprises me that nobody gets hurt. lol

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
[/quote]

great stuff!
[/quote]

The Link is to MY post about the hunt. I left the tag on the photo because it came from Google and I don't steal images without leaving credit for them on the image.

The link is to a post on this forum. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
mastereagle22 said:
Your wife. Ha ha ha that's a good one. ::) :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

I've met your wife and while she is a beauty, that is NOT a picture of her. Hmmm maybe I should send her a link to your post :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :-\ ::) ;D

Go ahead try to send her a link to my post....she has you blocked in her email and I think she has a restraining order on you doesn't she. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread