3 Hunts in one night....and Mastereagle stayed for all of them.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Went out with Mastereagle to hit some spots the other night. The place we really wanted to go we only go after dark. We don't like to advertise the spot and we can slip in at dark. We HAVE PERMISSION...but we don't want to share the place since it's on a busy road. :icon_thumleft:

We hit three places and found a few things, but nothing to compare to some of the banner finds that have been popping up on here lately. Be easy with us. :'(

The first place we went is a notorius Civil War Camp...now a residence. I found a lock right away. How in the heck have we missed this all these times vacuuming this place! ::)
Also found an old military casing, a brass washer (Civil War I believe) and a mystery piece of brass or copper with crimping along the edge. It is pictured at the top of the first photo....I don't know if this is something Civil War related. If you think you know what it is, be sure to post what it is. Check out the old fork too...I don't think it is old enough to be CW period.

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

Next place we went was a bit of a disappointment for me...although Mastereagle found a cool Hubley toy gun circa 1950.
I did manage to find an old piece of jewelry and a hot wheels car. Oh well.....on to our cloak and dagger place. :icon_pirat:

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

Darkness found us at our old secret place. After hunting about a half hour, I was wondering if I should change coils from my 6" to my stock coil when all of a sudden, I get a high nickel signal. Being that we were in an older yard, I started digging. I broke apart the dirt clod and out rolls this ring. I was amped!!! I thought I had my first gold class ring. My enthusiasm was tempered a bit when I realized it was a gold filled girl scout ring. I was still very happy.
I followed it up with a copper foil disk that says "Fun Pac" prophylactic....Akron O.
Finally, I found a yellow taxi cab toy car and 3 wheats from the 1940's. Not a bad night.

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

Good Luck Hunting my T-Net friends. :hello:

Baldingboy

Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds!!!!! MR TUFF

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Mr Tuff said:
nice finds!!!!! MR TUFF

Mr Tuff,
Thanks! We have fun despite the embarrasing things Mastereagle does. He cries once a night when we are out detecting. Usually after his wife calls him. :laughing7:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All very cool finds ..... it is so good to see what you guys find togeather and to hear your stories of the hunt ! :laughing7:

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are hilarious! Kinda like Abbott and Costello or Laurel and Hardy, with metal detectors. ;D

I bet your heart skipped a beat when you first saw that ring. I know mine would have.

Happy hunting and keep posting!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You two did good! :icon_thumright: Really like the ring! It's been so hot around here that I haven't been hunting in over a month! :-\ I'm thinking about taking up night hunting as well....ummm....wonder where my snake chaps are? :-X :D

Congrats on the finds!!

Nana :-*

Skelly607

Bronze Member
May 5, 2010
Danville Va.
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO M6 Ace 250
The Brass casing is a .233/5.56 NATO blank. Its a live round that hasnt been fired. What are you using for light sources on your night hunts? Its so freaking hot here during the day I have been thinking of doing some night hunting.

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
I like the scout ring. How old is it? The toys are pretty cool.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
"Fun Pac" prophylactic....Akron O.
Obviously someone in the past was doing a little 'night hunting' there also.Well I think you guys did real good.The ring is a nice find and the fork.Have no idea on the crimped brass unless it is a cover for a harmonica reed?Boy,am I happy to see you guys hunting together again :thumbsup:Find a way to bring ME to texas with you in Oct.

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like alotta fun hunting with you guys! that rings a nice-un!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Well BB mostly got it right (must be back on his meds ::)) He was the one crying, and for several reasons.

When I dug the cap gun he started stomping his foot saying "it's mine and I want it back now"

Then at the CW camp site the neighbor was out and he kept saying that she was a Civil War relic and kept trying to put her in his pouch ( I can't say that I blame him on that one though.

Two silver dimes and 8 wheats that I found and BB was whining that all he found was a dumb 'ol Girlscout ring so I reached into the back of my car, opened the cooler and tossed him the block of cheddar I was carrying to go with his whine.

We had a good time, not much in the way of good finds but still lots of fun.

My hunt post is here if anyone wants to read about it:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,334855.0/topicseen.html
This is a link to MY POST NOT TO THE PICTURE BELOW

Attachments

• laser-hair-removal-bikini.jpg
    laser-hair-removal-bikini.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 799
OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Mental Granny~ Thanks. We had a great time. Wish we all lived closer, would like to get together and hunt with you again.

Thrillahunt~ Yeah, my heart was pounding when I broke apart that dirt clod. A ring will sure do that to you. Don't see enough of them!

Nana~ It has been blazing hot here. Just the other night it started raining and they are forcasting nothing but rain for the next week or so. I can't wait to have the temp drop after this ground softens a bit. Stay tuned...we will probably be hitting it again soon.

Skelly~ Yeah, I have actually dug some of those military rounds other places as well. They are interesting to find. Me and Mastereagle both bought a 5 Watt Xenon headlamp. They are incredibly bright and take 3 AA batteries. I think Brunton makes a nice one.

Tuatara~ I think I read that the girl scout ring was made between 1961 and 1976. (or 79)

Warsawdaddy~ Yeah...someone was having a lot more fun than I was having detecting!! (And that's saying something...because I was having fun!) LOL.

Lumsums~ Thanks! The ring really made my night. Funny thing...Mastereagle found an identical one about 3 months ago.

Mastereagle~ You sir....are a liar. But I do want to thank you for posting the picture of my wife. She's a hot tamale..ain't she?

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, Its was sooooo hot here too ground like concrete. Then it rained and now floods at least no floodine here but the temp is a lot cooler but, the humidity is yuck ! So still gotta run the air ! It is cloudy and no rain it is all staying south of me !

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
kracer55 said:
I think the crimped piece of brass might be part of a lamp.

Mental Granny said:
Tom, Its was sooooo hot here too ground like concrete. Then it rained and now floods at least no floodine here but the temp is a lot cooler but, the humidity is yuck ! So still gotta run the air ! It is cloudy and no rain it is all staying south of me !

kracer55~ You know...that is what ME22 said. You might be right. It could be Civil War related too.

Evy~ Yeah, I spent 6 hours last Saturday washing/waxing the car and almost had a heat stroke...literally! After next weeks rain, I am really gonna hit the detecting hard. The body has been willing, but the weather hasn't permitted it. haha.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Your wife. Ha ha ha that's a good one. ::) :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

I've met your wife and while she is a beauty, that is NOT a picture of her. Hmmm maybe I should send her a link to your post :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :-\ ::) ;D

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Great Finds and I love the banter in the post with you guys :laughing7:

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
You guys should do an act on stage! Looks like you found some neat stuff, those rubber tins are an interesting piece of history, and do you have any idea as to what that piece of jewelry is in the fifth pic? let me know and thanks HH!

Chuck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread