3 KILLER KING GEORGE HALFPENNIES & 5th COB FROM SITE + OTHER SFUFF!

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I got 6 big coppers this year and my best one I can barely get details. Those are in Awesome shape!!

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah, I haven't dug too many like what this place produces. That makes 4 really sweet patinated King George II's from this site. I got them on video dirt and all but need to edit together.

dutchtoga

Jun 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2se
Garret ATpro
Garret ATgold
Xp Deus
Nox 800
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dame son....

ResurrectedVirginia

Jan 8, 2014
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds! Those KG's are in great shape too.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really do have a great site there.:thumbsup: I wish the copper coins would come out the ground here, like the ones you have. I think you could be digging a special item from here soon.

SS

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man those are sweet old finds. I have found nipple rings from the later half of the 1700's, and believe me they were well named and with fine detail. I wonder if there was a theme correlation in that century. I'm sure that societies were even more patriarchal back then.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no words to say except, stunning, absolutely beautiful, amazing, etc..... Those KGS are in incredible shape, ya don't see too many come from the ground like that, that my friend is an amazing 8hrs spent digging, you have had some seriously amazing hunts so far this year!

Congrats, and keep em coming!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cobs and great looking coppers... it's hard to ask for more than that, even though you are still getting more! If it's not thin yet for singles you pretty much know the keepers will keep coming. What a site.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shwweet.
like that axe head as well.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are some of the best KG's I've seen come out of the ground and certainly better than all of mine. Congrats and keep me coming!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, those are incredible. A penny from the 1920s around here is usually just eat up. You're blessed to have a site like that. Keep on keepin' on.

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man your killer, all them coppers are in very nice condition congrats...:icon_thumleft:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cross Potent uh! uh! have you tunneled into another museum , this is ridiculous you, you, again found some more nice 1700s relics . Heck it wont be long before you will be digging late 1600s relics . If I had a site like that I would be digging around the clock . Just yesterday I went out for a little and got a couple nice hits took the ole pick and hit the ground and broke the tip off stung my hands and said to myself damn this ground is hard tried again this time bent the thing come to find out slab of broken concrete under the dirt and what ever was there is under that . I went on back in the house acting like a little kid who dropped his candy in the dirt and didn't come back out, to disgusted! So you must have some soft ground you are digging in ,so you go on back out there and find some more and I will keep shaking my head when you post them for you got a nice assortment of relics, but im waiting to see some more . vanzutphen. Pic 15 the button looks like a tudor.

Last edited:

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Things may be thinning out a bit CP, but I'd say you guys still did quite well. Congrats on extending your cob total to an unprecedented level. I've seen many sites produce more colonial silvers than that, but never 5 cobs. After the surface hunting is done I hope you'll spend a little time digging a few test holes and looking for the pits. I tell ya, that will be like opening up a brand new site for you. Got to be some awesome pottery, glass, and clay pipes hidden beneath the iron.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the really nice finds. The KGs are just eye popping. GL&HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread