3 KILLER KING GEORGE HALFPENNIES & 5th COB FROM SITE + OTHER SFUFF!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'd say that the site has lots of giving yet if you're digging coppers like those and another Cob. Liking the little heart mount, I've dug larger ones but nothing that small and the patina on the finds is the best.
Great looking nipple button with the shank still intact a real sweet example, congrats on your day out of digging and best of luck on today's finds. With all these great looking coppers and silvers a piece of gold maybe in the cards for you soon.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KG coppers and a cob - that will make for a day to remember! Hope a few more are hiding in there for you. :)

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the killer KG's and cob!! I know your already in the field but good luck can't wait to see what you get. HH!

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmm - are you digging in dry sand - Id be psyched if any of my KG coppers looked like that

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great hunt! Those KG's look like they just came over on the boat. Have you found any KG I's there yet? I know you have found several KG II's. I love that early axe too. I know that site still has some nice surprises in store for you!

Limey-digger

Jan 17, 2015
Roamin with the Romans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow even more great Georgian greenies. The "R" blue and white ceramic sherd is more Westerwald stoneware and stands for Rex as in "GR" George Rex (king George) hope you can find a trash Pit on that site because there could be some great items in there.
Looking forward to hearig about your discoveries from today.
A link here to show what the stoneware jug would of looked like CLOSE-UP OF CENTRAL RELIEF MOLDED CENTER

George.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you rarely see the KGs look like that. Amazing site. You just don't see em like that very often. Congrats bud

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice cob and coppers. usually don't see coppers posted in such nice shape,exspeacialy coppers that old.Very nice stuff Cross Potent.The stuff you are finding, I had always figured you to be digging over in Europe somewhere.Good luck on finding your sixth:thumbsup:HH-gl

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You soil is kind as hell, I wish mine was the same...

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is pretty harsh in most places over this way too

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
29k.gif

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome stuff!

Sure looks like lots of fun, albeit work. ;)

WTG!

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed the piece of stoneware with the "R" initial and think it could be similar to this item uncovered at Mount Vernon VA.

"This object is the bulbous body of a stoneware jug made in the Westerwald region of Germany and transported to the colonies via England. It features a medallion molded with the initials “GR” for the English monarch King George (latin name, Georgius Rex)."

Attachments

• Mount Vernon.jpg
    Mount Vernon.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 58

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
With the sheer size of that field and the others surrounding it...well, lets just say I hope you got lots of batteries, you are far from done with that place!

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
With the sheer size of that field and the others surrounding it...well, lets just say I hope you got lots of batteries, you are far from done with that place!

Yep, its like 140 acres and last night I discovered the old separate foundation where the large cent and Dandy button came from may actually be older than originally thought. It may be the case that it was built shortly after the site I am hunting was abandoned in the 1740s.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Yep, its like 140 acres and last night I discovered the old separate foundation where the large cent and Dandy button came from may actually be older than originally thought. It may be the case that it was built shortly after the site I am hunting was abandoned in the 1740s.

There's no reason to believe that this newly discovered site should pick up where the other leaves off, the finds there should be just as exciting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread