Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
Found my first silver of October on Tuesday, and what a way to start a month! After a slow September and a long vacation that netted zero silver (no complaints) I was anxious to get home and add to the stack.

I picked up my first skunk boxes of halves, but dumped them on a machine that I was letting the halves bag "brew" for a couple months without filling. The $500 bag had:

3 Walkers (1 worn 191x, 1 1942, 1 1944)
2 Bens (1959, 1961)
3 40%'s

Some of the rare Walker's I have ever found "in the wild." Most have come from teller trays. It was a good day!

And the finds pushed me back over the 100 oz silver on-hand mark, too. Total finds in 7 months is 165 oz, but over time sold some for my bank roll, a new metal detector and a pair of diamond earrings for my wife's birthday (she realized that the only way we afforded them was CRH profits). That should keep her content with my habit for another 4-6 months. - HH, Jonathan

Upvote 0

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! always nice to find variety.

Good luck,

Jeff

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
glad to see your getting some silver halves up that end of the state. Halves have slowed a bit , down this way. I think i ran the silver vein of older boxes dry. Well me and another guy anyway. The last pick up i got 1 old box and 2 new boxes. I ordered again so will see if i can squeeze some of those older dates out. On the other hand dimes are everywhere down here! BWR and CWR. Give them a shot up your way. HH

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's probably been addressed elsewhere on here, but I would appreciate hearing how you get bags off machines. I assume this isn't normal practice for the banks to sell them.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cc i really think it all depends on the teller at the bank. I have had 4 or 5 branches of the same bank tell me they dont sell bags off the machines , then 2 towns over have the teller at the same bank tell me sure you can buy the bag. I know there are banks that wont sell bags, its there policy. however i have had these banks sell me bags as well depending on who is working.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like one vault teller told me when I didn't have an account, but wanted to buy the half rolls out of her vault, "I don't care, that just means I don't have to count them tonight!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread