30 mins of work and a 1837 Feuchtwanger pops out

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey every one haven't been posting lately because I haven't found anything good just plan old pennys. I did find 2 IH about 2 weeks ago 1865 and 1908 at the park. Today I decided to go back to that park and hit it again do to all the rain we finally got. Tried my luck around a old tree on a corner that my wife has detected before and her last because it to boring for her. Well she must of missed it because I found it 6-8 "which I though it was a dime at first (target finder) and was silver to so I put in my pocket till later. I did swing by a bench table and found 2 pennys (memorial) both of those was at 6". I did stay at the park about 30-45 mins till I had to run the boys to eat at Dairy Den and meet up with wife. funny thing is that she asked me if I found anything good. I said no just 2 old penny and I totaly forgot the one in my pocket till I got home and took my keys out. I cleaned it with soap and water then I realized it said one cent on the back and a eagle on the front with a strong date of 1837. I had to call JJ up and see if he can find out what I had. My books said nothing about the cent so Thanks to Ebay and Google I found out what I had. As from the pics it looks real good on the Obv. and the Rev. is worn smooth ??.

Attachments

• 000_0004a.jpg
    000_0004a.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 738
  • 000_0005s.jpg
    000_0005s.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 732
Upvote 0

coinman66

Nov 23, 2006
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle II SL 90
coinman66 said:
Awesome coin! And for some reason it usually takes more than 30 minutes for my Feuchtwanger to pop out? Getting older i guess? Any way great coin!
Coinman66
BOING! Banner!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions