Re: Update: 1876 Men's wedding ring SOLD!

Congrats on the sale. It looks kinda cool with the spots all over it. I wonder if the new owner knows it came from an old outhouse? Anyhow, let's hope their marriage goes well and doesn't wind up in the toilet!!!!!!

TreasureTales said:
Congrats on the sale. It looks kinda cool with the spots all over it. I wonder if the new owner knows it came from an old outhouse? Anyhow, let's hope their marriage goes well and doesn't wind up in the toilet!!!!!!
Kinda makes ya wonder if thats not what happened to the ring originally! :P
~Nash~

If only rings could talk!!! This one would hae ripper story that just keeps on keeping on!!!
Congrats mate, hope the finds keep coming,

Salvager

Great thread and too it brings to light something many have missed--these old wedding bands--be they gold or copper--are worth some serious money.

Many THers only think of the metal value when digging these types of things but they miss it entirely. The real value is in sentimentality.

I've dug 4 rare tokens from a single site. All have a book value of maybe $30 each. I sold two of them for $100 each on ebay. I could get up to $200 each for the last two. How am I able to do this? Easy, I researched the tokens and found out they were never properly appraised in the first place. One shouldn't take everything one reads in "value books" as the absolute gospel.

Great find and glad you got a price that better reflects its true value.

Badger

Yeah Jim, wtg and congrats on the sale!​

Attachments

• Banjo.jpg
    Banjo.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 1,210
  • Banjo.jpg
    Banjo.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 1,201

cool story!

HH
-GC

Tossed down the can...sat there in a pile of shxt for 130 years...now on someone's finger...wow. Really cool find, but I couldn't imagine...yuck

OUTHOUSE JEWELRY, INC.

*The way to tell someone how much they really mean to you*

(All of our products are authentically aged...)

200 bucks???!!! If you don't start this business, then I will! Good luck Jim, and nice post.

Buckleboy

maybe the guy 130 years ago accidently swallowed it. ;D

johnbr19792003 said:
maybe the guy 130 years ago accidently swallowed it. ;D

HAHAHAHA!

If that were the case, then we hope that in the future this ring is "passed on," but not "passed" again in quite the same way...

;D

love the story plain or glossy paper lol ty demon

Jim how did you know it was 130 year old ring? It's a cool story. I would love to hear the beginning. My question I do you think the guy was still wearing it and died, rotting away and being eaten until you found the ring? Just "FOOD" for thought.

Good deal - nice find!

HH

I agree with Nash, that might have been how it got there in the first place.:-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back