bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
32 Spencers in one hole!!! Turned out to be 35!

:safety-goggles:After finding a few meager things in the morning, my afternoon ended fantastic. After lunch, I hit a section of woods that I hadn't been in before on the huge property I'm hunting. A running civil war battle was fought nearby, but the finds in the woods I am hunting have been few and far between. I walked right up to a spot where I got the tell tale signal of what sounded like a horse shoe. Sure enough, one popped out and I wondered if this was a cavalry horse shoe since I knew there was cavalry posted at a spot about a quarter mile from here. Immediately after I dug the shoe, I got multiple jumpy signals right beside where the shoe had been. I started digging one of the signals and out came a Spencer cartridge intact. YESss! I had never found one completely intact before. I placed my probe in the hole and got another signal. Cool, maybe more than one in this hole. Out came another one broken apart. Probe back in, another signal, another Spencer. More signals. Holy smokes, what have I stumbled upon? More signals, more Spencers came pouring out. I kept widening the hole until it was over three and half feet long. All told, 32 Spencers came out of one large hole and I managed to extract seven of them intact. I couldn't believe my good luck. Everytime I thought I was done, I would run the coil around the hole and get another signal and another three to four Spencers. What a great day it ended up to be and the weather was incredibly gorgeous.
Other finds include a nice condition 1891 indian, a small sword keeper type hook. Although I'm not sure that's what it is because of how small it is. Some fired lead, part of a spoon, and a what's it button or something. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• Spencerday.jpg
    Spencerday.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Spencerday........jpg
    Spencerday........jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Spencerday...jpg
    Spencerday...jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Spencerday..jpg
    Spencerday..jpg
    74 KB · Views: 79
  • Spencerday.......jpg
    Spencerday.......jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Spencerday....jpg
    Spencerday....jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Spencerday......jpg
    Spencerday......jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Spencerday.....jpg
    Spencerday.....jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Upvote 0

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That dude got the hell outta there! Wonder what happened to him running through the woods defenseless? hopefully his bayonet was sharp!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread