35 diamond 14k heart pendant and more

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello to all. First of all, I worked on my trusty old Garrett this week and it is fixed. I changed out the batteries (the ones in it only had less then 15 hours on them...?), tightened the phone jack fitting, and straightened out all the transitors inside that seemed to be bent out of place. So it is not broke which was a big relief.

I worked really hard yesterday at home, cleaned the entire inside of the house (my kids are slobs...lol) and did a bunch of work outside too, trimmed the bushes, planted flowers, and mowed to lawn so today I rewarded myself with a treasure hunting trip out. I actually had to go into work for a couple hours today, so I hit some elementary schools near my work this morning and then went into work after.

It was tough going, the finds were few and far between but I persevered and worked it hard and in the end, it paid off big time. I went to three different schools and hunted about 4 hours total today. At the second school, I got my first keeper of the day, a very small broken 10k gold chain with a tiny gold cross. I'll take it, a keeper. Finally, at the third school, some finds started to surface. First, right on top under one of the benches by the play area was a sweet 12k plated heart bracelet. It must have been lost yesterday. My daughter already claimed it as her own, she loves it. It has an expandable stainless steel band like a watch band. Then a nice little 925 charm of a high heal shoe with red stones in it, nice. Finally, under a walkway bridge thingie leading from a play structure to the slide was my best find of the day. A gold heart pendant. It's hallmarked 14k and 585 and has a maker mark. I was thrilled and then when I got home and cleaned the caked mud off of it, I got a huge surprise. All the way around it, it has bagette diamonds inlaid inside the two heart shapes.... woooowhoooo! There are 35 diamonds in it all together (I counted them using my loop after I had originally posted). There is no ring to put through a chain so I guess it is meant to have the chain go through the center of the heart.

Today was filled with hearts and keys. I found six different heart pieces of jewelry and also six keys, five were very small ones and I forgot to include them in the photos. Like I said, four hours total hunt time, $6.45 total with 102 coins total, lots of hard work to get those. Tons of junk today, pounds of it...lol. I also found a lot of trinket jewelry, an English one penny, and a large rusted Swiss Army knife.

Here's some shots of today's finds with one photo of to dirty finds straight out of the pouch. I tried to get a shot of the hallmark on the heart but it didn't turn out. Thanks to you all for reading and happy hunting!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• As found.jpg
    As found.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 1,408
  • May 20 T.jpg
    May 20 T.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,412
  • May 20 F.jpg
    May 20 F.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,399
  • Keepers.jpg
    Keepers.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,393
  • Diamonds.jpg
    Diamonds.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,393
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
River Rat said:
Nate in Ohio said:
Glad you ended up with some sweet stuff BDoo.

BDoo always finds some sweet stuff...BDoo, you never fail to amaze us with your treasures. I'm just drooling over that heart pendant...beautiful.

;) RR

Hi RR!!!! Great to see you. You bring me joy with your blessings, thanks so much.
My daughter is begging me for it almost every day...lol.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Prober said:
Wow, you sure do find the good stuff! The woodchips on the west side of the state don't seem to grow that gold and silver! I did find a silver earring the other day, my first real 925. Congrats, will your 2007 pile of treasure be a great as your 2006? Awesome!

Bob

Hi Bob, grats on the keeper buddy and thanks for the cool comment.
I am off to a good start so far so we'll see if I can fill up my treasure chest like last year.
Best of luck to you and thanks for all the great support!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Mirage said:
Hey BDoo. Great finds as usual. Don't know how you keep doing it. That 35 diamond heart is SMOKIN. ;D ;D

I dug almost everything last time out. Got about 15 tabs, half dozen caps. No rings or jewelry. Guess they don't wear it around here. ;) :D

Glad you got your machine back up and running. Once you learn a machine it's hard to jump to another and be real comfortable.

Bob

Hopefully, it will keep running well. I went out tonight and it was acting up a little bit again. I think it might be the battery terminal, the clampy thingie for the 9 volt batteries, they don't clamp tight in the round battery post. Who knows.

Thanks for the awesome comment. I hope you hit some sweet gold some...I have a feeling you will. Good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Ridley said:
Nice work Bdoo!

I know that diamond heart put a huge smile on your face!

Congratulations on the finds and getting your machine in order!

Ridley

Thanks Ridley!!
Yep, when it popped out, I was suprized because it was a slow day at that point and I was thinking I wouldn't be finding anything gold, but hey, got lucky again. Then, when I got home and started to clean it up and saw all the daimond... that's when I really smiled!

Thanks buddy!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
rockyredbaron said:
Congrats...Every new day of hunting brings something new and wonderous !!! Keep em comin...we love those pics !!! WTG

Thank a lot RRB!! Glad you enjoyed my sharing, appreciate the read and friendly comment!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Nick Papageorgio said:
Bdoo...

Sorry I was late to the party...GEEEEESSSHHHH...

;D...SMILES... ;D... ;D...SMILES... ;D... ;D...SMILES... ;D

WAY TO GO...you are DA MAN...

Congrats,

Nick

Thank you Nick!! Seeing you have visited always makes my day. Appreciate it buddy.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
mountainplayer said:
Nice BDoo!

Looks like those transistors really appreciated being straightened out ;)

I had quite a bit of luck in the woodchips at two parks and two schools. I've been back to each once every two weeks and nada...couple of coins, gum wrappers, but no more jewelry (not even junk).

How often do you return to the same spots? What is the approx. population of the towns where you hunt? I'm thinking my area is so sparsely populated that one or two hunts a year is all that I can expect if I want to be productive.

MP

Hi MP, thank you for the nice comment buddy!

At the most, I cover the woodchips at a school no more than once a year. Some schools that are productive and close to me, I do search the other areas outside of the woodchips. I live in Macomb county Michigan and there are probably at least 200 elementary schools within 30 miles of my house. Oakland county Michigan, where I used to live, one county over, is the third richest county in the nation... that helps huh.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Nashoba said:
Your finds are just amazing BDoo...but I am glad you dont live anywhere close to me :P..No offense Intended..... but with your finds, my meager stuff would not be around for me to enjoy if you were!!! Then again, if we were neighbors we might be Md'ing partners and I might be finding more! HMMMMMMM ;D

Awesome job AS USUAL!

~Nash~

Hi Nash...lol,
I know what you mean. I usually detact by myself as I am a man on a mission when I am in the woodchips... other hunts, I would enjoy some company. You have been having a great year this year so far. I hope it gets even better for you, good luck. Thanks for the read and very cool comment!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Ant said:
Hit um hard before the summer gets here. I love the Gold and your lucky shoe.

HH

Thanks Ant. That's the nice thing about the woodchips, they are easy pickins even in the dry summer. Good luck out ther buddy!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
JerDfx said:
Lots of nice finds Booby.

You got some really nice lots to go over. I bet your jewlery collection is getting large.

HH Jer

Hi Jer!! It's strating to pile up. I love going through it on some of the off days as I can't get out very often, it keeps me motivated. Good luck to you my friend!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
BlueShadow said:
In my best Ed Sullivan voice:

And Now, right here on our stage, the incredible Booby er Body? BB? er BDoo? BDoo? will recover every single item of Bling from the Entire North Korean Army!

Keep It up Bdoo you da man!
HH
Blue

Big Smiles Blue!!!!!

Thanks for always leaving the great comments. I definitely look forward to reading them. Cheers my friend!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
DFX Texan said:
keep'in the dream alive!
great digs, wtg, hh,
dfx texan - randy.

I always think positive... every dig thinking, this one's a gold ring...lol. PMA all the way huh! Thanks for the cool comment , appreciate it buddy!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread