🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My results lately haven't been too post worthy, still waiting for my cornfield to get cut so I got out for a bit after work to a previous spot of mine this morning and managed 2 wheats, a button w/ a train on it, and this old copper ring, ehh......... Photo11031040.jpg Photo11051702.jpg

Upvote 4

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The button with the train is likely a snap cover from overalls. I've found one before-- forgot the brand, but pretty cool as an older style brand mark.

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea the pickens are slim down this way also, but you get an A for effort. It sure is nice to get out in November. 60 degrees on the horizon. Good luck to ya...............Rich

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, its better than a pouch full of pull tabs, foil and bottle caps. Actually, I like to find those old copper/brass wedding rings. What are the dates on the wheats?

RelicsVirginia

Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding those old coin is always interesting. It getting metal detecting time around. Cold weather. Clearing out the brush in the woods.
i can hear the woods calling out my name...lol RelicsVirginia

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just remember: a bad day metal detecting STILL beats a good day at work! They are actually cutting the corn here already. Usually it's first day of buck before they cut. The only bad thing is this though: they aren't discing after so you have a foot to a foot and a half of corn stalk to deal with. A for effort and better luck next time!

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all have had days like that. My hunting buddy Rick keeps telling me, "it's hunting not gathering".
Keep a stiff upper lib, Chap.
ZDD

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least your getting something, wheaties always make me feel better. AND your getting great gas mileage LOL

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds like my morning hunt minus the extreme cold, and I had to travel the 37 miles to get to work anyway. My take, TWO CENT, 1977d, 1962d. I didn't even score a wheat. On a positive note, I don't believe I've ever dug a 62d copper penny.

Maybe tomorrow.

HH.

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted 3 new places today all I got was 2 Lincolns, rosie 1965 and 380 round. Still nice to get out whi.le we can. Going out all day Saturday.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it was definitely nice to get out, and it sure beats finding nothing, but I was on a pretty good roll early on this season and the past few weeks were not so hot, but I know its not always peaches and sunshine, I love detecting in the fall with the crisp air, fall colors and best of all, peace and quiet, no little kids running around lol.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could have been like me tonight. 3 hours and only a old washer. But hey any day I can get out is a good day to me. Good luck out there.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude any time you take the time and effort to MD and find anything is a good day! Congrats! As TH'ers we realize what's out there, it 's what keeps us going. Even a what's it is interesting cause you never know . It's part of the magic , because one of these days you will find. "It"... Remember the rest of us and post pics! HH!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, its better than a pouch full of pull tabs, foil and bottle caps. Actually, I like to find those old copper/brass wedding rings. What are the dates on the wheats?
56 and 51, thanks!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude any time you take the time and effort to MD and find anything is a good day! Congrats! As TH'ers we realize what's out there, it 's what keeps us going. Even a what's it is interesting cause you never know . It's part of the magic , because one of these days you will find. "It"... Remember the rest of us and post pics! HH!

I totally agree with ya, just gets frustrating driving and searchin for new spots lol

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least your getting something, wheaties always make me feel better. AND your getting great gas mileage LOL

lol, 31.4 mpg. Not bad, heck I need it with the amount of miles I put on my car looking for a good spot lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread