New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got over my fear of going out into the muck at my lake. Visability was always bad as it is, and on top of that, after the drop off it was full of leaves, debrus, green slime and just yuck. Today I powered through it all finding three keepers. A 1941 wheat, lucky token, and cool brass whistle. The token says Alex love rut truely and good luck on the back. The whistle has the pee still in it, it almost still works, maybe when the pee dries out! I'm very happy because I got over my fear, this opens up a big area!
Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

Resized_20160922_165056.jpg Resized_20160922_165123.jpg Resized_20160922_165133.jpg Resized_20160922_165150.jpg Resized_20160922_165248.jpg Resized_20160922_165330.jpg

Upvote 11

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you, nice finds. There's more out there waiting...

saltednuts

Feb 12, 2011
york county, penn.
Detector(s) used
presently garrett gta 1000 , fisher cz5 and now a fisher cz21 10.5" coil and vibra=quatic 2 pinpointer add another cz21
that would be pea cause if the pee is not dried out dont blow the whistle lol

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow Brad just one year from silver on that quarter. Seems that the person who made that token understood how to use the machine way better than the one I dug this week. Congrats on the hunt and getting out and enjoying LIFE. :occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the productive hunt! So glad you overcame a tough challenge and can now find more goodies! :occasion14:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt Treble. The whistle is cool. I bet it will still work.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am SURE glad you are not in my area. Another diver getting used to "0" visibility? Say it isn't so!!

Just remember, go slow. There is absolutely nothing in the area to be afraid of BEFORE you stir it up and NOTHING is going to show up after you stir it up. (Except Nessie!) Put your finds in a mesh bag and don't try to see what you have. Plenty of time to ogle your finds after you get done with your dive. Your bubbles go up and you are on the bottom. It gets very easy after lots and lots of practice.

Every whistle I have ever found will work after the PEA dries. As was stated, if there is PEE in it, I think I would toss it out!! I had a great laugh with that one. I sure hope you bring up some nice gold. Congrats on overcoming a fear and your finds

Last edited:
OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you, nice finds. There's more out there waiting...
I'm hoping to be there tomorrow, almost every area started out with clad then as I cleared it, silver and gold. Thanks for the encouraging words

Looks like a good hunt to me congrats
Thanks Art

that would be pea cause if the pee is not dried out dont blow the whistle lol
Funny, I have to get my spell check working again, I don't know where it went?

Wow Brad just one year from silver on that quarter. Seems that the person who made that token understood how to use the machine way better than the one I dug this week. Congrats on the hunt and getting out and enjoying LIFE. :occasion14:
I'll have to check yours out, thanks bud

Congratualtions on the productive hunt! So glad you overcame a tough challenge and can now find more goodies! :occasion14:
This will continue into next spring, I'm sure, thank you.

Nice hunt Treble. The whistle is cool. I bet it will still work.
I got the alcohol out, the pee is gone I tried it the pea works!

I am SURE glad you are not in my area. Another diver getting used to "0" visibility? Say it isn't so!!

Just remember, go slow. There is absolutely nothing in the area to be afraid of BEFORE you stir it up and NOTHING is going to show up after you stir it up. (Except Nessie!) Put your finds in a mesh bag and don't try to see what you have. Plenty of time to ogle your finds after you get done with your dive. Your bubbles go up and you are on the bottom. It gets very easy after lots and lots of practice.

Every whistle I have ever found will work after the PEA dries. As was stated, if there is PEE in it, I think I would toss it out!! I had a great laugh with that one. I sure hope you bring up some nice gold. Congrats on overcoming a fear and your finds
Thanks Scuba.
I started diving in 1982, NAUI cert, in 1984 I got PADI advance cert. I dove off the Jersey shore 90- 110 ft of water, most times one ft vis. I was steel cables and cords back then, now I look like Patrick from "spongebob". I'm slowly getting back to it, baby steps, I won't be doing any deep dives, just keeping it under 15 ft, most of my dives this year have only been 7-8 ft, no more, no need. Thanks for those tips, my biggest problem today was my mesh bag is missing(pretty sure its in that mess in the back of my CRV)I was punking out wearing gloves today. The other days I was bare hand, that feel makes a big difference how fast I find that dime. The other day I was dropping fist full of muck in the bag.
I'm driving out to meet you next summer! lol

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet nice finds! Congrats on overcoming....just please becareful!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I got certified in 1980 in Okinawa. You are right behind me. I haven't dove deep all this year. Today down to 30' was the deepest.

Order a few of these bags. They are small and the greatest. I clip the clip on a D ring on my BC. You possibly don't wear one? XS Scuba doesn't make them any more and when they are gone, they are gone.

http://www.leisurepro.com/p-xssclb/xs-scuba-collection-bag

And I was thinking of coming to see you!!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet nice finds! Congrats on overcoming....just please becareful!
Thanks, I will.

I got certified in 1980 in Okinawa. You are right behind me. I haven't dove deep all this year. Today down to 30' was the deepest.

Order a few of these bags. They are small and the greatest. I clip the clip on a D ring on my BC. You possibly don't wear one? XS Scuba doesn't make them any more and when they are gone, they are gone.

XS Scuba Collection Bag

And I was thinking of coming to see you!!

Here's mine, zip ties from harber freight work when nothing else does.
Kellyco 3 Pocket Mesh Pouch for Sale- Kellyco
Come on out, I'm game, always fun hunting with others!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Save some of that energy buddy we are going into unchartered terra next week!! And love the whistle.. Be Safe and see you next week..I have a few mesh bags around here some where, I'll see if I can find them..also that anchor works great.. I should have bought one of those instead of that fancy thing...

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Save some of that energy buddy we are going into unchartered terra next week!! And love the whistle.. Be Safe and see you next week..I have a few mesh bags around here some where, I'll see if I can find them..also that anchor works great.. I should have bought one of those instead of that fancy thing...

You guys need some help? I can't wait to see what you all bring back up! Good luck out there.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What, no gold? :P
I predict you will find some in your next hunt :icon_thumright:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys need some help? I can't wait to see what you all bring back up! Good luck out there.
Thanks Scuba....Will see how it goes, these places have been hammered in the early years (Mid 70's to 90's) and in the day there were several dredges going. You just never know what your walking into.. and on a side note.. me posting has not helped.. seems everyone is water hunting here now.. but luckily I am a little better equipped then all..so far..

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What, no gold? :P
I predict you will find some in your next hunt :icon_thumright:
Thanks for that positive well wishing, it's a big area, there are allot of targets, I feel confident there is some GOLD in there somewhere.

Thanks Scuba....Will see how it goes, these places have been hammered in the early years (Mid 70's to 90's) and in the day there were several dredges going. You just never know what your walking into.. and on a side note.. me posting has not helped.. seems everyone is water hunting here now.. but luckily I am a little better equipped then all..so far..

Thanks guys for all your help, Casper, you were a big inspiration to my early water hunting (I'm still early) and big help in advise, I greatly appreciate it from you and all the others that were willing to help me.
Iv'e hunted with OBN about 6 times, he always manages to come away with at least a silver, out of the 6 times he walked away with four gold rings. He's a good listener and like he says, his equipment is "tricked out" (as we used to say in my motocross days!)

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you guys are starting to get me jealous. I think I may have to get back in the pool.
Congrats on a cool hunt.
Be careful down there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread