GLOCK magazine with 9 hollow points found in the sand.

night crusader

Jan 18, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the local spot today and Im given a tip to swing over around by these fire pits. Less then five minutes later and 6 inches down out pop s a 12 round Glock magazine. Lucky me because I have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to firearms being a Marine.Just to think if some kids got ahold of it. So I brought it to the lifeguard and they called the sheriffs to come grab it. FIRST FOR EVERYTHING lately. Thanks for the read and HH. OH YEAH the magazine belonged to some VIPs bodyguard WAIT HE SURE DID DROP THE MAGAZINE ON THIS ONE���� 20160922_115816.jpg

Upvote 9

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm..mag full of live rounds next to a fire pit? Good thing you found before the next weiner roast!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That would have gone right in my pocket! But you Marines are different, and that's cool. Go Army! :skullflag:

OP
OP
N

night crusader

Jan 18, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would have held on to it but it had a nice tear on the inside from when I sliced it digging in deep with my scoop. OH YEAH!! GLOCK is not my brand of choice I prefer Smith&Wesson or Kimber any day. Not worth anything but some hastle to hold on to a few rounds. Thanks trapperart

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
talk about dropping a load____ in NY you would be a violent felon just for having that assault mag. we have the SAFE ACT----only criminals are allowed to have deadly weapons

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Even if in the fire pit, you would hear bangs like fire crackers and maybe get hit by a hot shell casing but nothing more. Good find. I would have kept it.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky you didn't hit it with your digging tool that would have been a blast Thanks for the post!!!!!!

Last edited:

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one crazy find......bet that rang your ears off.

Last edited:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
You are likely correct but you don't want to be a Fireman that enters my' home if it ever catches on fire!:nono:;D

Frank

I don't want to take away from his thread, however a lot of misconceptions are out there with bullets and fire. This is a great video to watch.

Firefighters ALL get trained and KNOW THIS. So do cops.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
ScubaDetector,

Thanks for the video and info, it was enlightening to say the least! They did say that the video does not address loaded firearms which will discharge during a fire. Due to my previous help to the Federal Marshall's Service which put my' life and my' family's lives at risk and which continues even today, I keep a lot of ammo around and have a large array of weapons...most of which are loaded except during cleaning or during transport on the way to the Firing Range or Hunting. Due to this, the Fire Department would likely evacuate most of the residents in my neighborhood and just let my' home burn to the ground. It is a good thing I no longer reload my' ammo because at one point in time, I had enough reloading powder and primers to level my' home and severely damage several others, if my' home ever caught on fire.

Frank

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thing he didn't drop it in the fire pit when the fire was burning! Sheeeeze.
Congrats it certainly was unusuall find!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Fresh drop. I'd keep it.

Let the Sheriff buy their own with your tax dollars.

So what if some kid got a hold of it? What's the problem? They won't just go off without the rest of the gun.

And tossing rounds in a fire is pretty exciting, but not deadly.

Nice valuable find, if you would have kept it.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
ScubaDetector,

Thanks for the video and info, it was enlightening to say the least! They did say that the video does not address loaded firearms which will discharge during a fire. Due to my previous help to the Federal Marshall's Service which put my' life and my' family's lives at risk and which continues even today, I keep a lot of ammo around and have a large array of weapons...most of which are loaded except during cleaning or during transport on the way to the Firing Range or Hunting. Due to this, the Fire Department would likely evacuate most of the residents in my neighborhood and just let my' home burn to the ground. It is a good thing I no longer reload my' ammo because at one point in time, I had enough reloading powder and primers to level my' home and severely damage several others, if my' home ever caught on fire.

Frank

A LOADED firearm in a fire will fire ONE bullet that could be deadly, if a semi auto. That would be the one in the chamber. A revolver the same but the others could blow the gun apart and some lead come out the cylinders.

I am all for bullet and firearm safety. That is why I help others with misconceptions. The OP did what he felt he needed to with the magazine. I would have kept it.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fire video reminded me of this 12 gauge shell I found long ago, in a big burnt area by some railroad tracks.... The fire was just hot enough to melt the shell, but not set it off. I keep it just to show people how hard it actually is to accidentally set off ammunition....
DSCN1319.JPG

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I find old rusty magazines in the water i just leave them there, in my area they are as common as rocks. Little gun-shaped concreations of metal are also very common in my hunting areas - all saturday night specials from the 1970's and 80's mostly - completely concreted. TONS of them. Old rusty guns everywhere I don't even bother taking them they're so many.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
A LOADED firearm in a fire will fire ONE bullet that could be deadly, if a semi auto. That would be the one in the chamber. A revolver the same but the others could blow the gun apart and some lead come out the cylinders.

I am all for bullet and firearm safety. That is why I help others with misconceptions. The OP did what he felt he needed to with the magazine. I would have kept it.

I am sorry but believe you are wrong about a semi-auto in a fire! As long as the weapon's action is still able to work in chambering a round, it can continue to go off if the barrel gets hot enough. While in the U.S. Army, I have seen many automatic weapons cook off more than just one round when the barrel or barrels got too hot and semi-auto reloading weapons will do the same.

Frank

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread