Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The rains came down most of the weekend but did break around 2 PM today. I got to the ball field around 4 and had an hour and a half to detect.

I finally made my way over to the 3rd base side of a ball diamond. There about 7 inches down as my hole was refilling with water, I brushed away the mud to reveal a musketball.

Over to another diamond, and oddly enough on the 3rd base side I got a sweet high-tone and dug a wheat. I put the plug back in only to hear another high-tone. Dug into the sidewall to find silver, a 1946 Rosie. The wheat turned out to be a 1950. This is a spill dating from the 1950s.

Go figure. Third base was my home run today x 2.

IMG_20180211_205406392_HDR.jpg

Upvote 30
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks L-D. How many times have we found a wheat and asked the question, "Anybody else in that hole with you?"

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Trezurehunter! Great to get out after being shut down my the rain. I know a lot of you hunters have been fighting the snow and frozen ground.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx vpnavy! Thinking this is my 4th silver dime from this field and it's amazing that all of them have been with another coin. First one was with a Jefferson nickel, second was with a wheat (oddly enough on the 3rd base side of the ball field, the third was with a silver Washington, and this last one with a 1950 wheat. My count on silver Washingtons from this field is 4 and there have been two halves, one a Walker and the other a Franklin. Maybe more to come.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver and lead are both sweet finds. What a range of items for a ball field !

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I managed to find my last gold ring just yards from a third base at an older school diamond. it was the only valuable thing found other than some clad. congrats on the silver and love the old lead too

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Tnmountains! You said it. In the outfields I've dug flat buttons and an Enfield bullet along with clad, pull tabs and can shred. The real stinkers are those zinc pennies.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx dirtlooter! Congrats on that ring, not easy to do amidst all the similar signals from modern trash! Yes, "old lead" is a favorite of mine, too.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tnmountains! You said it. In the outfields I've dug flat buttons and an Enfield bullet along with clad, pull tabs and can shred. The real stinkers are those zinc pennies.

I will take Enfield's any day over a 3 ringer. That musket ball could have been from a buck and ball maybe?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread