3rd outing with the E-trac scores 1st silver and my 1st barber dime and

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
a merc in a pocket spill a foot from each other!!The sad part I can't pin point with E-trac at all and the pics don't lie !!Also got a buffalo nickle with a readable date 1937 and the 2nd spot produced the 2 dimes and a 1925 wheatie and the 3rd spot nothing.Recovery with 5x8 coil on the AT Pro was easy and now I'm lost to locate on the stock coil on the Etrac when I thought I had it sight :icon_scratch: Here's some pics from today and HH:skullflag:

P1010492.jpg

P1010493.jpg

P1010500.jpg

P1010501.jpg

P1010502.jpg

P1010503.jpg

P1010508.jpg

smartmoney

Dec 4, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK...make sure your sounds is on "normal" and not "sizing". Also why do you put small coins in large holders LOL

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Just wait till you go up a coil size.... Anyway, you'll get it straightened out, if not, we'll straighten you out at Bomber's group hunt. Congrats on another first. 2012 is sizing up to be a good year for you find-wise.

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Rob.. looks like your doing good..

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Looks like a recent ding on that merc Rob!?!? But it still looks like it's one awesome good looker in great shape.

Way to go! Killer dig!

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
great finds on the silver ito am fairly new to the e trac i do pretty good pinpointing when the target is at least o f4 inch target i have a little touble on shallow targets myself i think it is just part of the learning process anyway congrtas on a great hunt looking forward to meeting a lot of you guys at the picnic dennis

amxfred

May 14, 2011
Dekalb, IL
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Sunray X-1 Probe & Auvio wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The E-Trac is easy to pinpoint a target if you are on Auto sensitivity. Just hit the button and watch the screen and listen to the sound. The item will be under the center of the coil when the screen is full center. It is much more difficult if you are deep and using Manual sensitivity. Try switching back to Auto to pinpoint unless the item is to deep and it won't read it. You will have it all down in a couple of weeks. Congrats on your finds!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your on fire bud!!!!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In time you will get a lot better with that etrac.
I'm still trying to get use to mine...Dig everything .. I did today and it turned out to be a great day....
Oh ya... congrats on your new silver finds....

OP
OP
rob.s

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys and for all the help on pin pointing and will be talking to guys at the group as well!!

OP
OP
rob.s

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
OK...make sure your sounds is on "normal" and not "sizing". Also why do you put small coins in large holders LOL

LOL!!It was only for the photo shoot and there resting on the outside of the clear holder.But I do need to by dime holders thou!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread