Annual Holy Day alert

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
It's time again to remind you all that today is that day the special people use to celebrate their new religion.

Earth Day.

If you are at wooded site or meadow site or some other such, you may well bring out the red in those who consider themselves green.

I've been verbally accosted by these folks more than a few times over the years and for some, no amount of concession will do. You can show them buckets of trash, canslaw, nails, glass. No you are a violator of their newfound "Mother".

So while pepper spray, lead poisoning, ball bats will sometimes seem like a wonderful response to a group that has a natural inlcination towards being a self-abscribed guardian-of-the-earth militant elitist bunch, I suggest avoidance with a big "A".

Better bet to spend all day on some nasty hood-rat infested block than bump into long-skirted tie-dye bandana-too-tight special people while you are cutting a plug.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL I ducked behind a few trees and let them walk within a few yards of me in the past, also the bird watchers can be mega pain in the rears too... I often wondered what they would do if they seen me crouched down behind a log when they pass by - probably think it was an ambush!!!! ahahahahahahaha

amxfred

May 14, 2011
Dekalb, IL
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Sunray X-1 Probe & Auvio wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As far as I am concerned they all need to buy their own property and stay in their own woods and leave the public property alone so the public can enjoy it without any drama. I cannot tolerate drama type people.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasure fiend, did you have camo on too?

No I just seen a group of people walking so I ducked behind a tree and another time L4s & I sat behind some brush of like 15min as a group of birdwatchers walked past us LOL

shoot

Mar 28, 2012
IL,FL,CA,AZ,VA,PA,MI,CO - I get around.
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV , Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have yet to hunt public land so far just private land. I can only imagine the hassles those smug idiots would bring to the table exp on "earth day". If only people minded their own business, wait never-mind they have nothing better to do then bug people and complain about things they have no knowledge of.

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Just remember Tim, every time you dig a hole, the Earth cries ... Happy Earthday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread