4.05ct sapphire

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, stock and DD coil
I almost pooped my pants when i found this beauty
its a green star sapphire by the looks of it weighing 4.05 ct or 4.10 ct my scale cant seem to make up its mind
I got it from the El Dorado Sapphire mine near Helena, MT 2 weeks ago. I brought some gravels back and just got the chance to go through them right now and i was at the last scoop of the 3.5 gallon bag and lo and behold my patience paid off. Overall i got lots of nice specimens about 25 in total, one small .4 ct orange one and one larger orange specimen im hoping is a sapphire. I have about 5 sapphires over a carat and most are over half a carat. Got a few large garnets as well... one that looks about 5+ct. anyways heres some pics. I know theyre not very good quality but all my professional equipment takes film... i think film has richer color... anyways...
oh yeah a Canadian penny and a U.S. penny are the same size if anyone is wondering.

Attachments

• IMG_0502-640.jpg
    IMG_0502-640.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 3,862
  • IMG_0507-640.jpg
    IMG_0507-640.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 3,878
  • IMG_0512-640.jpg
    IMG_0512-640.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 3,852
  • IMG_0513-640.jpg
    IMG_0513-640.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 3,860
  • IMG_0514-640.jpg
    IMG_0514-640.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 3,829
Upvote 0
OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
are you saying i should move this post to the best finds forum?

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.
M3R1IN said:
are you saying i should move this post to the best finds forum?

You might want to have your find checked out by a jeweler first, so you know for certain what its value is.
Check out the info on submitting to the Best Finds forum in Marc's post here:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,22029.0.html

Unless your concerned about the tax man. I thought about posting a recommendation to The Best of TreasureNet here:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?board=301.0
But I don't like to do that sort of thing without asking first. If someone has concerns about taxes, or duty, or whatever, they might choose to delete their post instead.

F.

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
screw the tax man, do whatever you like i dont care...a couple grand extra isnt gonna push me into another tax bracket anyways.

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
heres an update on those sapphires
im having the green one and another large 2.3ct purple one finished as we speak.
I have about 35 other smaller stones ranging from .3 to 1.5ct being finished as well
theyre off to thailand where i can get skilled cutters to finish them for only a few dollars each so i dont have an
expected time of return for them yet but im thinking about mid august so i will post when i get them back and some pics as well

O

ohannos

heres an update on those sapphires
im having the green one and another large 2.3ct purple one finished as we speak.
I have about 35 other smaller stones ranging from .3 to 1.5ct being finished as well
theyre off to thailand where i can get skilled cutters to finish them for only a few dollars each so i dont have an
expected time of return for them yet but im thinking about mid august so i will post when i get them back and some pics as well

sweet find! hope you get much stone out of it.
i got a bunch of saphires o dug in australia but hav`nt got any of them cut yet so i wonder if you could recomend a cutter in thailand. price would also be nice. green, purple, orange and white stones. you got great variation of colours there.
///ohannos

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
I got my gems back finally theyre all faced and finished now so I will post some pics of them later

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
M3rlin, please post pix of garnets too. & the other gems you had cut. sweet find. did you go to a pay mine or just trampin?

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
i go to a pay to mine place and just dig up a few 5 gallon buckets of gravel then bring em home and process them.
Sorry I havent gotten any pics to you guys yet ... been extremely busy taking a course here.
i might get a chance to take some pics of the finished gems this weekend.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking forward to the pictures.............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread