4 coppers, two silvers - 1786 and 1894

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out again for the first time in a couple weeks, debated whether or not to try the field I got the spanish in last time out, but decided to stop by one farmers place and see if I could get onto a couple more fields. I was searching for old french but the fields I really wanted weren't on the to do list. I picked one alloted field that looked good and even though it was loaded with iron only pulled out a buckle, earring, spoon handle stamped THO MAS and what might be a button with a spiderweb type design.
Next I hit the second field he gave me the ok for and with about an hour or so to go I hit a site. Musketballs, buttons(a couple tiny pewters) and 6 coins! Also a little whatnot with a crown shape on it. If I can get a decent pic I'll post it in the ID section of the forum.
027.jpg

There's 2 crusty coppers to the left, two George III coppers, an 1894 US dime and a 1786 Spanish 1 reale. Turned out well, spanish two hunts in a row is a first for me!
029.jpg

Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff! I'd love to see a photo of the back of that spiderweb "button"

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Great stuff! I'd love to see a photo of the back of that spiderweb "button"
Here ya go :wink: Pretty sure that's what's left of where the shank attached, but I'm often wrong!
031.jpg

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great hunt, hunthicks! :tongue3: :D :icon_thumleft: Those KGs look like they are decent for identifying. I would take them in a blink of a Colonial eye. :wink: The Spanish silver is what sets you high on the Colonial digger list. :notworthy:

Kirk

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
Great hunt, hunthicks! :tongue3: :D :icon_thumleft: Those KGs look like they are decent for identifying. I would take them in a blink of a Colonial eye. :wink: The Spanish silver is what sets you high on the Colonial digger list. :notworthy:

Kirk

Thanks! Glad to on the list at all!! :wink:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice colonial finds

HH Jer

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Hunt...your starting to really clean up in all departments now... hope to get out soon myself...can't believe it's been over a week already since I was out last.

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Patriot said:
WTG Hunt...your starting to really clean up in all departments now... hope to get out soon myself...can't believe it's been over a week already since I was out last.
This spring has been flying by for me as well with the back and forth living arrangements. I think I got lucky on finding this site, I was expecting older, but I'm surely not going to complain! Let me know if you wanna get out, I have some ideas(Better than usual I'd say). I'll be back up your way for a couple more weeks after the weekend.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins and great hunt! Congrats..........Hogge :headbang:

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
nice old site you have going, like the buttons and the Spanish silvers are pretty good too!

still some good finds waiting there for you!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it was your turn, and you took our finds from today as well! ;D Get a few more days like that and we will see something killler! :thumbsup:

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are really tearin' it up with those great colonial finds! I hope you extend your spanish silver streak to three hunts in a row.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a day you had. Should be some more great finds there. Best of luck on a return trip. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure there's more goodies on this site - and I pretty much confirmed there's an older site somewhere on the property. I'm hoping something really nice is right around this corner. ;D
Now if this cold and rain will give up - gave me an excuse to go catch some trout anyways.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice recoverys!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great coins and relics ,looks like a place that may have some more , fine silvers ;D Congrats :icon_pirat:

SaraSara

Tenderfoot
Feb 27, 2010
Very Nice finds"....I have a few Saphire rings ect. The blue stone almost looks like one to me

Sara

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread