Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
180-200 gpm 16" wide sluice

a 3" 130-160 gpm 14" wide sluice
a 2" or 2 1/2" 90 to 120 gpm 10" to 12" sluice

takes more power to run a nozzle than a powerjet
the pump you linked to would run a 3" dredge as long as the sluice is low to the water.

OP
OP
L

Lycof

Jul 29, 2017
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found it. That price tag hurts!

Honda GX160 & HP350 Pump Combo ($1061)
This is our standard pump for use on our 4” dredge and twin engine 5” dredges. It has a 2.5” intake and a 2” discharge. It is one of the most powerful pumps available for 5 to 5.5 horsepower engines.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A P350 is a large pump for a 4" but it does work well....... but I doubt a 160 motor would drive it. Really it it is cheaper to go the established route rather than trying to get by. You can always buy a nice "pre Owned" setup for what you want to buy a new make it work set up. This year alone I have bought a used 5 hp motor with a Keene P180 pump and a T 80 compressor and a 6.5 with the same pump and a T80 for less the than what you want to buy a new make it work pump and motor

ratled

Last edited:

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree with ratled, and I can always build a a better jet for more power and convenience.
Something to think about is tailings from a 4". A non floater is going to need an extra person just to shovel them away constantly, although making a land based into a floater is easy....just add https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/boa/d/pontoon-boat/6277628096.html

OP
OP
L

Lycof

Jul 29, 2017
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A P350 is a large pump for a 4" but it does work well....... but I doubt a 160 motor would drive it. Really it it is cheaper to go the established route rather than trying to get by. You can always buy a nice "pre Owned" setup for what you want to buy a new make it work set up. This year alone I have bought a used 5 hp motor with a Keene P180 pump and a T 80 compressor and a 6.5 with the same pump and a T80 for less the than what you want to buy a new make it work pump and motor

ratled

I am mostly against used equipment. People don't take care of stuff. If I can find a pump setup for less than half of the new price, I may consider it.

I agree with ratled, and I can always build a a better jet for more power and convenience.
Something to think about is tailings from a 4". A non floater is going to need an extra person just to shovel them away constantly, although making a land based into a floater is easy....just add https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/boa/d/pontoon-boat/6277628096.html

You know where I intend to spend most of my time :) There just happens to be a perfect spot for a tailings pile that will never have to be shoveled right next to it. I have a whole evil plan that will let me expose that whole area. I am more interested in the fun out there than the gold. I am betting that it looks like a jungle gym under all that rock and I wanna see it next year. I also know a spot on the beach that has some gold next to a river that I can punch a monstrous hole just by setting the nozzle down. In that spot, the river will take all of the tailings away for me. You have created a monster mike :) And I love it!

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I knew it.....your wife is going to shoot me Saturday :BangHead: and once you see the stuff we get where we're going, you won't go back where we went last week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread