Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
180-200 gpm 16" wide sluice

a 3" 130-160 gpm 14" wide sluice
a 2" or 2 1/2" 90 to 120 gpm 10" to 12" sluice

takes more power to run a nozzle than a powerjet
the pump you linked to would run a 3" dredge as long as the sluice is low to the water.

OP
OP
L

Lycof

Jul 29, 2017
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found it. That price tag hurts!

Honda GX160 & HP350 Pump Combo ($1061)
This is our standard pump for use on our 4” dredge and twin engine 5” dredges. It has a 2.5” intake and a 2” discharge. It is one of the most powerful pumps available for 5 to 5.5 horsepower engines.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A P350 is a large pump for a 4" but it does work well....... but I doubt a 160 motor would drive it. Really it it is cheaper to go the established route rather than trying to get by. You can always buy a nice "pre Owned" setup for what you want to buy a new make it work set up. This year alone I have bought a used 5 hp motor with a Keene P180 pump and a T 80 compressor and a 6.5 with the same pump and a T80 for less the than what you want to buy a new make it work pump and motor

ratled

Last edited:

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree with ratled, and I can always build a a better jet for more power and convenience.
Something to think about is tailings from a 4". A non floater is going to need an extra person just to shovel them away constantly, although making a land based into a floater is easy....just add https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/boa/d/pontoon-boat/6277628096.html

OP
OP
L

Lycof

Jul 29, 2017
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A P350 is a large pump for a 4" but it does work well....... but I doubt a 160 motor would drive it. Really it it is cheaper to go the established route rather than trying to get by. You can always buy a nice "pre Owned" setup for what you want to buy a new make it work set up. This year alone I have bought a used 5 hp motor with a Keene P180 pump and a T 80 compressor and a 6.5 with the same pump and a T80 for less the than what you want to buy a new make it work pump and motor

ratled

I am mostly against used equipment. People don't take care of stuff. If I can find a pump setup for less than half of the new price, I may consider it.

I agree with ratled, and I can always build a a better jet for more power and convenience.
Something to think about is tailings from a 4". A non floater is going to need an extra person just to shovel them away constantly, although making a land based into a floater is easy....just add https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/boa/d/pontoon-boat/6277628096.html

You know where I intend to spend most of my time :) There just happens to be a perfect spot for a tailings pile that will never have to be shoveled right next to it. I have a whole evil plan that will let me expose that whole area. I am more interested in the fun out there than the gold. I am betting that it looks like a jungle gym under all that rock and I wanna see it next year. I also know a spot on the beach that has some gold next to a river that I can punch a monstrous hole just by setting the nozzle down. In that spot, the river will take all of the tailings away for me. You have created a monster mike :) And I love it!

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I knew it.....your wife is going to shoot me Saturday :BangHead: and once you see the stuff we get where we're going, you won't go back where we went last week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions