CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like someones been golfing in the baseball field again! See the 4 irons remains in photo. A little brass blank cartridge and a nice bullet. A 1955-D wheat penny for good measure and some nickels. A mystery lead item found near the 4 iron part to the right of the cartridge. Any ideas on what that is? Got a makeup applicator brush of some sort maybe, to the left of the cartridge? And then there was the false silver ring alert, but it sure looked good when it came out of the dirt! Read 18 on my Safaris TID. Remember those little metal calenders for putting on your on your wrist watch band? Too bad its only a 1983. But this one still brings back some memories. Hope you enjoyed looking and happy hunts !

CARM

Attachments

• 3_2_2012 windy afternoon.JPG
    3_2_2012 windy afternoon.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 520
Upvote 0

tomjiggy

Sep 18, 2010
Did you check your '55 D for doubling? That year and mint mark had a seriously valuable double die error.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
tomjiggy said:
Did you check your '55 D for doubling? That year and mint mark had a seriously valuable double die error.
That's what I was thinking.Nice dig's CARM

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HCW said:
That's not a 4 iron. That's a 4 wood.
He-he yeah i guess that iron would have taken hundreds of years to disappear! Guess you can tell that I am non-golf :headbang: Detect, Detect, and more Detect !

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tomjiggy said:

I looked no doubling that i can see. Is it supposed to be pretty obvious?

tomjiggy

Sep 18, 2010
It will be more obvious, but there is a variety that isn't. Try googling pics for the different varieties. If you get on a really good site it'll point out exactly what you need to look at.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions