Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to our spot for the 4th time. Went over the same areas again and still finding copper half cents! It's amazeing what is missed over and over again. Total take of items worth mentioning is 4 King George half cents dating from 1720 to 1738 and one unkown date which is very worn, and 3 {spanish? } buttons { 2 of which not shown, they are soaking in olive oil}. If anyone can identify the marking on the button feel free to chime in. I've got three of these now and I'd like to find out what the marking means. Now that the ground around here has frozen, I need to find a super-ground thawing heater that I could attach to my coil.....

Attachments

• Coins14.jpg
    Coins14.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 625
Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would leave coin 2 as is if you want to have a shot at ID'ing it. Cleaning could easily wipe away what you can see.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
I would leave coin 2 as is if you want to have a shot at ID'ing it. Cleaning could easily wipe away what you can see.

Could be a William III 1690s

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:

I did look at that but think the ribbon is oo thick, that's what I found interesting in the first place.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:

I did look at that but think the ribbon is oo thick, that's what I found interesting in the first place.

I know, its unusual. Maybe another one of your french coins :D

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
Wow they never look that good comming out of the ground here in PA, mine are always pitted badly.

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have yet to find a King George myself but it's on my want list, 4 in one day is incredible! Congratulations on one fine haul! I agree with Jimmy(PA), the soil here in PA isn't usually very nice to our coppers. Congrats again!

OP
OP
lisfisher

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to clarify, all these were not found in one day. One was found last summer, along with the Indian heads. The other three, and the button were found in three more trips within the last 3 weeks or so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread